No announcement yet.

Hillary Clinton: ‘Religious Beliefs’ Are ‘Standing in the Way’ of Gay Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey now guys, we're in an emerging "culture of tolerance". Even though a certain individuals' actions may be considered wrong or controversial, you have no right to deny their acceptance. To speak out for your religious beliefs and morals is what is wrong! Just shut up and accept your cool-aid, cause if you don't, you're a bully and you will be hunted down and scratched/slapped to death!!!!

Seriously though, we lost this battle when we gave even a millisecond of consideration that homosexuality is somehow in our genetic makup, and not a choice. I agree with svo855, it is a behavior, an unacceptable behavior that has now been accepted as normal. This will only lead to the destruction of the moral fabric of our nation. That is not a stretch, it is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      LOL. What a logical connection. I honestly don't see how some of you guys make it through day to day life, so concerned about what other people are doing behind closed doors.
      Not concerned at all. They're the one putting it in my face, not the other way around. You don't see straight parades do you? You don't see big signs that say "I'm straight, deal with it!" do you? So if I'm not supposed to be worried about what they do, why are they a protected class and any actions against someone who happens to be gay a hate crime?
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
        I don't know that you can draw a conclusion about all gay rights activists based on one group's motives. Certain marxists may be using LGBT movement to further their agenda, but I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate people with quite meager aspirations, like the same hospital visitation privileges as spouses.
        Then what you do is give them medical power of attorney and they can see you all they like

Comment

I don't know that you can draw a conclusion about all gay rights activists based on one group's motives. Certain marxists may be using LGBT movement to further their agenda, but I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate people with quite meager aspirations, like the same hospital visitation privileges as spouses.
          My brother is a very well know activist and his associates are the leaders of some large what I would call fringe groups. They move the pieces on the board and the pawns that they move are completely ignorant of the purpose behind what they are doing.

Visitation privileges should be left to the wishes of the patient but when it comes to considering hospital visitation privileges as spouses you are getting lost in the minutia and losing sight of the true purpose behind the movement.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Remember how it was said "You just allow us to be openly gay in the military, that's all we want." Now they want benefits for their partners though the federal government doesn't recognize gay marriages. Which means that they want the federal government to push for a federal law recognizing gay marriages and benefits for gay partners.

At what point do we stop giving these people special protections?
            I agree. Remember if u give a mouse a cookie he's gonna want some milk to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              LOL. What a logical connection. I honestly don't see how some of you guys make it through day to day life, so concerned about what other people are doing behind closed doors.
              That's where you're delusional. It's not behind closed doors anymore. It's on TV, it's in legislation, it's in the military, its in our schools. It used to be a sexual preference, now it's an entire movement with the sole agenda of destroying the religous and moral foundation that this country was built on. They won't stop until we're a society of deviants, and we will end up just like those two cities in the book of Genesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Then what you do is give them medical power of attorney and they can see you all they like
                I suppose that's a reasonable workaround, especially given the national mood on homosexuality, but why force people into it?

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                My brother is a very well know activist and his associates are the leaders of some large what I would call fringe groups. They move the pieces on the board and the pawns that they move are completely ignorant of the purpose behind what they are doing.

Visitation privileges should be left to the wishes of the patient but when it comes to considering hospital visitation privileges as spouses you are getting lost in the minutia and losing sight of the true purpose behind the movement.
                Would you be willing to divulge the groups? I'd be interested in looking into their work.

I only brought up the one point as example, not necessarily trying to steer the conversation. Even if there are major players with ulterior motives, you cannot deny that there is popular support behind the movement because of the declared intent.

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Hey now guys, we're in an emerging "culture of tolerance". Even though a certain individuals' actions may be considered wrong or controversial, you have no right to deny their acceptance. To speak out for your religious beliefs and morals is what is wrong! Just shut up and accept your cool-aid, cause if you don't, you're a bully and you will be hunted down and scratched/slapped to death!!!!

Seriously though, we lost this battle when we gave even a millisecond of consideration that homosexuality is somehow in our genetic makup, and not a choice. I agree with svo855, it is a behavior, an unacceptable behavior that has now been accepted as normal. This will only lead to the destruction of the moral fabric of our nation. That is not a stretch, it is a fact.
                Why are you so fearful about deviant sexuality leading to other, or further, immoral behavior?
                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Too much closed-mindedness in this thread. Gays get beaten and killed because others don't accept it. In some other countries, religion dictates that it's a crime, and even that it should be punishable by death. So, yeah, religious beliefs are standing in the way of gay rights.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Every group is hated by someone else Nash. When was the last time you heard about a love crime? Everything is a hate crime. Not closed minded at all. What about my rights and religious beliefs, which I have a 1st amendment right to? Where are special rights and protections for gays mentioned in the Constitution Nash?

Comment

Why are you so fearful about deviant sexuality leading to other, or further, immoral behavior?

Well where else does this acceptance train go? Definately not stopping off at "we've-gone-too-far-ville". If the gay rights movement is this successful, whats to stop other "preferences" of any kind to not use the same model?

I also hear it from teenagers, and our current generation. They think that everyone deserves special treatment, and unlimited tolerance of what used to be considered unacceptable deviant behavior. So the line is being pushed, and it isn't going to lose any momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        So, yeah, religious beliefs are standing in the way of gay rights......
                        .....along with common sense, which apparently, we are fresh out of.

Comment

I don't see how having the same rights as everybody else equates to "special rights and protections."
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

If I beat someone's ass that happens to be gay I get hit with a hate crime. Someone beats my ass because I served in Iraq and they disagree with the job we did there, it's fine. Explain to me how they aren't given special protections.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              I don't see how having the same rights as everybody else equates to "special rights and protections."
                              They're called "hate crimes" for starters. The ACLU does not have a division for heterosexuals' protection.

My nephew in grade school talks about a gay boy in his school that harasses him. I tell him to settle it by the flag pole. If he does, he's the bully, and the other kid is just "being cute". The fuck is that? Yup, special treatment.

Comment

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Barack Obama has signed federal legislation that widely expands hate-crime protections for gays and lesbians. The law, which he signed in an afternoon ceremony Oct. 28 in the White House’s East Room, was tacked on to a $680 billion defense bill for 2010.

“After more than a decade of opposition and delay, we’ve passed inclusive hate crimes legislation to help protect our citizens from violence based on what they look like, who they love, how they pray or who they are,” Obama said during the signing ceremony.

In a tactical move, congressional Democrats attached the hate-crimes legislation to the defense bill, which forced Republicans to accept the homosexual protections or deny funding for defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X