Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.AMDT.1126
    Amends: S.1867
    Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (submitted 11/17/2011) (proposed 11/17/2011)

AMENDMENT PURPOSE:
    To limit the authority of the Armed Forces to detain citizens of the United States under section 1031.

12/1/2011:
    Amendment SA 1126 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 45 - 55. Record Vote Number: 214.

Texas: Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
    Last edited by momo; 12-16-2011, 06:43 PM.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
      Were those two Ys or Ns?
      YEAs.

both of our texas senators agreed.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Both to be voted out, at least I hope so, next cycle.
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

both texas senators voted NO to the proposed ammendment to limit the powers of this bill upon US citizens.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

help me form a good letter to write to our congressmen. please read and edit as necessary then send it as well if you feel the same way.

Dear Senator Cornyn,

In the 112th Congress, 1st session, Vote #218 on December 1st 2011, you took the position YEA to S. 1867 (National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012).

In Vote #214, 2 hours prior on the same day, you took the position NAY, rejecting S.Amdt. 1126 to S. 1867 (National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012), Statement of Purpose: To limit the authority of the Armed Forces to detain citizens of the United States under section 1031.

Your position in this bill that has been signed into law by the President of the United States on December 16, 2011, has gone directly against the 6th Amendment of the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the United States, the same document you swore to support and defend.

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.“

I understand you believe you have taken a positive step towards protecting the citizens of this great country, but you have damaged the integrity of the only document that ensures U.S. citizens absolute freedom. This bill, if not amended, will live longer than your term in the senate. The actions of your congressional session will serve as dangerous precedent for future representatives. As a Republican and a conservative, I would have expected better.

Mr. Cornyn, I am a Texas resident and I am disappointed.
            <name here>
            Last edited by momo; 12-16-2011, 02:58 PM.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

here is voting record for the us house of reps for H.R. 1540, National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012.

Sam Johnson is my rep, he voted YES. he gets a letter too.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

My rep is Burgess, he voted no.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I have Ralph Hall, and he said "screw my constituents".
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

MOMO, excellent! Only thing I would change is instead of disappointed, I'll put absolutely disgusted and mention voting directly againt our Constitution is a vote directly against the American people and the Liberties our Founding Fathers fought for, as well as an act of treason and one if a traitor.
                    2 Chronicles 7:14
                    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                      MOMO, excellent! Only thing I would change is instead of disappointed, I'll put absolutely disgusted and mention voting directly againt our Constitution is a vote directly against the American people and the Liberties our Founding Fathers fought for, as well as an act of treason and one if a traitor.
                      yea i thought about making it more vocal. i'll probably change it to disgust and mention voting him out but i don't know if i'm going to call him a traitor cause come jan 1st, 2012 i might get a dose of indefinite detention.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

i believe kay bailey is not running again in 2012. her seat will already be open.

john cornyn wont be up until 2014.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          yea i thought about making it more vocal. i'll probably change it to disgust and mention voting him out but i don't know if i'm going to call him a traitor cause come jan 1st, 2012 i might get a dose of indefinite detention.
                          People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people. Anyone comes to my door to try and put me in detention is going to be in for a shock. I will be damned if I am going to spend the rest of my life behind bars just because the dickbags running this country are on a power trip. I would rather go out swinging than live to see this once great country turn into nazi germany 2.0.

I mean come on, can people not see where this is going? Internet gets censored because it can spread word to millions of people in a matter of hours. FEMA camps can become indefinite detention centers for the masses. Now the government can declare American citizens as terrorists and hold them. America is getting to be more and more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people. Anyone comes to my door to try and put me in detention is going to be in for a shock. I will be damned if I am going to spend the rest of my life behind bars just because the dickbags running this country are on a power trip. I would rather go out swinging than live to see this once great country turn into nazi germany 2.0.

I mean come on, can people not see where this is going? Internet gets censored because it can spread word to millions of people in a matter of hours. FEMA camps can become indefinite detention centers for the masses. Now the government can declare American citizens as terrorists and hold them. America is getting to be more and more dangerous.

It's too late to turn this train around. All I can say is to stock up on food, water, ammo, and medical supplies if you haven't already done so. Get ready to get the hell outta dodge as well, and I hope y'all have a place to go with like minded people.
                            Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                              It's too late to turn this train around. All I can say is to stock up on food, water, ammo, and medical supplies if you haven't already done so. Get ready to get the hell outta dodge as well, and I hope y'all have a place to go with like minded people.
                              Once upon a time we had a group like that...

Hell, still do!
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                                Not so much on the last part man.

Once upon a time we had a group like that...

Hell, still do!
                                I need to get this base covered.
                                2 Chronicles 7:14
                                If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Working...
                                X