No announcement yet.

Obama coming to Dallas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are at least 6 or 7 people just on this site working on or already finished with their Masters while working full time, just in the last couple of years.

Comment

Lol @ A&M being a "tier 1 school".
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
        Meh, I don't agree. Everyone in my class, granted it is a tier 1 school, have jobs, or they are continuing on to a graduate degree. And there is NO way to have a full time job while working on a masters, at least in engineering at A&M. You're either a professor's research bitch, or have one hell of a fellowship.... that or have parents with very deep pockets.
        /facedesk

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          There are at least 6 or 7 people just on this site working on or already finished with their Masters while working full time, just in the last couple of years.
          The reason I say that is in my field of work, experience is very important. I receive many resumes from young people just out of college with business finance degrees and no work experience. I can't trust someone to cut $2 million in checks each month with no experience. The best I can do is offer them a lower position to learn the business, and they scoff at that and remain unemployed.

As for getting a masters, I would wage a guess that a large percentage if not a majority are working full time.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

LOTS of unmarked cars around Love Field
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Lol @ A&M being a "tier 1 school".
              TAMU Commerce at that...
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'm thinking about bringing the bonfire back. This time, I'll employ some engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  I'm thinking about bringing the bonfire back. This time, I'll employ some engineers.
                  lol
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                    Meh, I don't agree. Everyone in my class, granted it is a tier 1 school, have jobs, or they are continuing on to a graduate degree. And there is NO way to have a full time job while working on a masters, at least in engineering at A&M. You're either a professor's research bitch, or have one hell of a fellowship.... that or have parents with very deep pockets.
                    Hmm....I have three friends that are engineering and one friend that was IT and all 4 got Masters while being full time employed.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

being engineering
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Breaking news

Barry has landed.... I swear news stations have gone full retard on what is breaking news and what is not
                        sigpic

Comment

He was late, they shut down the entire tollway from downtown to Forest Lane for rush hour...What a jack ass

Comment

I was thinking, what else could Barry Soetoro do to upset me... then I sat in a damn hour worth Of traffic after working for 18 hours. Thanks for that.

Comment

Did he blame Bush for the traffic yet?

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Shit! No plane crash yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X