Project - Stump Puller (94 Lightning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project - Stump Puller (94 Lightning)

While it's not really a "build", this thread is to document my Lightning refresh project. The previous owners added all of the mods it currently has. My goal right now is to pull the engine, clean up the bay, change some oil gaskets, get the heads refreshed, install proper valve springs to support the cam, get a moderate tune and make it reliable. I'm off for the next two weeks so hopefully I can get it done by then. By the way, I need an SCT tuner, if any of you can recommend a tuner please message me. Do not turn this into a tuner war, please!

Current mods

Drivetrain:
    Wolverine 1087 nitrous cam
    Roller lifters
    Cobra 1.72 roller rockers
    Comp Cams pushrods
    Accufab 75mm TB
    PMAS maf conversion
    EGR/Smog delete
    B&M shift kit
    3.55's in the rear

Exhaust:
    BBK shorties
    Bassani OR pipe, muffler, tips

Electronic:
    MSD ignition, coil and wires
    Windstar electric fan
    SCT chip with selector for multiple tunes

Suspension:
    Eibach 1" drop springs
    2" rear shackles
    Energy Suspension poly bushings (Radius arm, I-beam)
    KYB shocks

Pic for attention.

The yellow "hay" stuff on the top is what's left from a rat's nest. Needless to say I need to do some wire repair while the engine is out.
    Last edited by GeorgeG.; 03-23-2017, 10:38 PM.

subscribed
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Love it! Looks like a fun project.

Comment

goodluck with it! i drive my 94L almost everyday

Comment

Looks nice, I wish I would've been been able to get the bed cover from you.

Comment

that is OBD1 so I would stay away from sct as most those guys probably won't know what they are doing

it would contact someone like jetfast and have him burn you a chip for it

Comment

definitely need a belt on there
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

excellent
                WRX

Comment

Moar pics of exterior and interior pleez
                  WH

Comment

Why 3.55 gears?

Comment

Nice L. Let us know how the tune turns out. Didn't know sct messed with old school chips

Comment

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to get it done. Hardest part was to stop being so tight with $$ and actually spend some of it. Can't take it with us when we go, right?

What's the best way to restore ceramic coated headers? I was thinking of a #0000 steel wool but then I also thought of Birddog's BMX bike and wondered if that same stuff (forgot what it was) would do the job.

I found this on NLOC, apparently this is what they use to look like.
                        Last edited by GeorgeG.; 03-23-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

rust incapsulator $15
                          header wrap $40
                          VS Racing 88mm turbo $600

i know you cant do that in two weeks, but thats what i'd be trying to do with truck.

see this one.

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

^^ dayum ^^

I've seen people do amazing things with time and steel wool lol but.....you could always blast those headers and get them re-coated. That's not a budget blower but it's a start!

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                              that is OBD1 so I would stay away from sct as most those guys probably won't know what they are doing

it would contact someone like jetfast and have him burn you a chip for it
                              Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                              Nice L. Let us know how the tune turns out. Didn't know sct messed with old school chips
                              Thanks, I'll hit him up in a few days. I really don't know if people still mess with SCT chips on OBD1...I'm sure what's on here has been on here for a while....6 years at least.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Moar pics of exterior and interior pleez
                              I'll try and get some today. I'm not really planning to do much to the interior, main objective is to get it to daily driver status in 2 weeks.

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              Why 3.55 gears?
                              I guess one of the PO's decided that would be better suited for nitrous use. At some point I'd like to get 4:10's installed but I'll wait till I get it running good on it's own and see how I like it with NOS and the 3:55's.

NayNay, let me get this running under it's own power first

I don't really have time to get them recoated. I'll try the steel wool and hope for decent results. Has anyone used any of the OTC paints on headers specifically a coating designed for high temp? I don't know if they even make ceramic paint in a spray can, I'll look today.
                              Last edited by GeorgeG.; 03-23-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X