Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My little girl was catching some big fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little girl was catching some big fish!

picture url

Last edited by krazy kris; 08-02-2019, 11:11 AM.

you have commercial breaks now?

Comment

Gotta make them sponsors happy so they will keep making me happy.

We also plan to film for our own show on TV within the next year so we are trying to attract more sponsors or at least grow our channel to the biggest we can.
      After a TV show came out to our place to film some hunts I couldn't believe the stuff they get away with and really was eye opening. It was bad enough I was debating on making a thread about it on here but it was so bad that I thought it might be too bad for this site if that's possible lol. So it made my wife and I really want to try as hard as possible to make our own show and show how hunting and fishing really is. There was so much bait and switch going on it was retarded. They ecen wanted me to shoot a pig after they left so they could come back and close the show with it. We will be getting better cameras and the edits should be getting a lot better as well. So we can get a lot of small sponsors starting out. If we can land a big sponsor that would be awesome but those chances are very slim. It cost a lot of money to get a tv slot.
      Last edited by krazy kris; 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

You are going to start filming your own show? What will it be broadcast on?

And like it or not...any good show has some sort of scripting. Asking you to shoot a pig after they left and only filming the part they cared about isn't abnormal at all. They clearly had a plan and a specific shot they wanted.

Comment

Also this title is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            You are going to start filming your own show? What will it be broadcast on?

And like it or not...any good show has some sort of scripting. Asking you to shoot a pig after they left and only filming the part they cared about isn't abnormal at all. They clearly had a plan and a specific shot they wanted.
            The pursuit channel is the cheapest out of the hunting networks but they still want 7-10k an episode depending on time slot so it may have to go to a small local channel around the Wichita falls area. If the bait and switch game is what it takes to have a show on tv then I'll just stick with the tube. I would like it to be a REAL hunting/fishing show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Also this title is horrible.
              Sorry I forgot where I was. Is thst better?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                The pursuit channel is the cheapest out of the hunting networks but they still want 7-10k an episode depending on time slot so it may have to go to a small local channel around the Wichita falls area. If the bait and switch game is what it takes to have a show on tv then I'll just stick with the tube. I would like it to be a REAL hunting/fishing show.
                TV is for entertainment. If you want an audience it has to be some degree of entertaining. You can still show real hunting and fishing with a specific script.

A good way to see if people enjoy your product is to look at the audience retention. If that's below 30%...its a sure sign that people dont like what they're watching. You really want this to be 50% or above depending on the video duration.

If you dont care about your audience at all, you wouldn't be trying so hard on YouTube...you wouldn't have the weird stickers all over the thumbnail screen amd.you wouldn't have click bait titles.

I'm curious to see how your TV show saga works out.

Comment

Is there something that has to do with the outdoors that y'all would like to see?
                  One I have been thinking about doing is a comparison on ammo brands. Specifically Hornady ammo
                  Is the big Red H worth the extra coin?
                  I'd put it up against a cheaper box of ammo such as Remington or Winchester with the same grain.
                  I'd set up some water jugs with food coloring in them and see how much penetration and damage each brand had made.

Comment

Not to sound harsh but you have 194 subs and a little over 16,000 views total, I don't think a tv show is such a good idea. Take a look at some of the other youtubers doing the same thing you are, they have millions of views and a ton more subs, they wouldn't even be able to have a tv show. Just something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by redchevyguy View Post
                      Not to sound harsh but you have 194 subs and a little over 16,000 views total, I don't think a tv show is such a good idea. Take a look at some of the other youtubers doing the same thing you are, they have millions of views and a ton more subs, they wouldn't even be able to have a tv show. Just something to think about.
                      Thank you for the constructive criticism and I'm not saying a TV show right now I'm talking end goals or who knows something else may come along and be more popular than tv. Just couldn't stand the way this guy was representing the outdoors and hell all he said he did to get on tv was show up with a camera at an open call out a hunting network had posted on Facebook. I could really tell too.

Comment

Working...
                      X