No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So id really like to get the car more rollable. So I’m looking at brake kits and wheels.

I’ve been seeing this site for a very VERY long time now, www.mustangsteve.com , maybe y’all are familiar with it, but he sells power brake conversion and retrofit kits to run the sn95 cobra brake kits on the 67 and other year mustangs. I can get a whole retrofit kit, booster, pedal, hardware and the bracket conversions for about 1,000 bucks, and then I found a guy on Craigslist who will sell me a full 95 cobra brake kit front and rear with lines for another 400 bucks.

And then wheels, I think I’m going to still go with the fr500s in Black, that’s still in the searching process though.

What do y’all think about the brake kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Go for it! Do it once an do it right.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Listen to bird_dog, and stopping is just about the most important thing your car needs to do

Comment

• Alrighty. Got the brake caliper conversion kit, booster, master cylinder and pedal all ordered. The place is super close to the DFW area so it should be here in a couple of days.

Score!

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
            Alrighty. Got the brake caliper conversion kit, booster, master cylinder and pedal all ordered. The place is super close to the DFW area so it should be here in a couple of days.

Score!

Carrolton, IIRC.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• 1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Carrolton, IIRC.

Cleburne TX , just south of ft worth

Comment

• If it goes out today you should get it tomorrow, just like ordering from LMR.

Stevo

Comment

• Yeah I was kinda thinking that too. Luckily I looked at my order confirmation and realized I ordered the wrong front kit for the mustang II spindles. I emailed them and within 10-15 minutes it was ready to be shipped and they’d called me back to resolve my accident. Pretty awesome experience.

Comment

• Wheels: let’s say I do a 18x9 wheel, what kind of offset do I need to be looking for that will work on the coupe that hasn’t.m been tubbed, I remember when I had my 68, I was able to run 17x9 2000+ model “bullet” style wheel with a small spacer, can’t quite remember what size spacer, but they worked.

I really want to run the black fr500s cause I can get a brand new set of replicas from OE wheels for 429 bucks shipped.

Comment

• Baron Von Crowder (DJ) Had a set of FR500's on his 69 that he sold me a few years back, They were perfect for the Fox but I'm not sure how they fit on his car... They were 18x9's.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        Baron Von Crowder (DJ) Had a set of FR500's on his 69 that he sold me a few years back, They were perfect for the Fox but I'm not sure how they fit on his car... They were 18x9's.
                        Mine is a 69, I can fit wheel/tire combos that the early guys spend thousands to put on.

I also hated the look on my car.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Mine is a 69, I can fit wheel/tire combos that the early guys spend thousands to put on.

I also hated the look on my car.

Lol. I’ve seen a few with them on, I wasn’t a fan of them either. There is a pic of a black 67/68 coupe with black fr500s that looks awesome.
                          Just wanna make sure I get the right wheels

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• wow! looks amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                                Lol. I’ve seen a few with them on, I wasn’t a fan of them either. There is a pic of a black 67/68 coupe with black fr500s that looks awesome.
                                Just wanna make sure I get the right wheels

I've seen that car, and it looks fantastic. It may be that my car is Wimbledon white.

Comment

Working...
                                X