Congrats to AMP (and Sam) for getting internet famous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to AMP (and Sam) for getting internet famous

This is a strange story. Fundamentally, it’s the story of two Dallas-area enthusiast car shops: one, a dealer in used performance cars, and the other, a tuner shop. What happened between the two companies started out as a normal enough exchange, but got weird, fast, with one side claiming it was an attempted scam, and…

"This is a strange story. Fundamentally, it’s the story of two Dallas-area enthusiast car shops: one, a dealer in used performance cars, and the other, a tuner shop. What happened between the two companies started out as a normal enough exchange, but got weird, fast, with one side claiming it was an attempted scam, and the other claiming it was just a joke. I’ll let you decide what seems right.

It starts with a C6 Corvette Grand Sport that Driven Autoplex, the dealer of performance cars, was selling. Advanced Modern Performance (AMP), the tuner shop, was interested in the car, and so sent two of their employees out to check out the car.

Updated: Friday August 10, 4:00 p.m. Sam Miller, the owner of Advanced Modern Performance clarified that AMP did not intend to buy the C6 Corvette in question, rather an employee was interested and visited Driven Autoplex after hours. “Amp would never have condoned that sort of behavior and is very disappointed that it happened,” Miller told Jalopnik."

There's more at the link including a video.

User name?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king
      Mr2.2liter

Convicted of intoxicated manslaughter in 2011 when he wrecked his silver c5 z06 into the back of a big rig on 35 at 3am, killing the passenger in his car

https://texas.arrests.org/Arrests/Se...lyov_12481202/
      Sure sounds like the wrong person died in that wreck.. What a dick

Comment

We should each call Sam and let him know that we may be his next customer and we plan to scam the shit out of him. Maybe he'll become so suspicious and paranoid of all of his customers that he will drive away his business.

As for the cut open filter, I suppose that didn't plan on starting that engine to move it out of the shop, once the owner agreed to sell them the car.

Comment

So are they still employees of AMP?

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            We should each call Sam and let him know that we may be his next customer and we plan to scam the shit out of him. Maybe he'll become so suspicious and paranoid of all of his customers that he will drive away his business.

As for the cut open filter, I suppose that didn't plan on starting that engine to move it out of the shop, once the owner agreed to sell them the car.
            The article said he did have a new filter with him. You know some engines with filters full of metal shaving don't make any noise til they are completely done according to that lying POS.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Fucking scammers, you come to my shop to buy a car, you get to kick tires and open doors, you want to take off oil filters, you can go fuck yourself.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Ha ha, this is funny...

Comment

And people thought clutch alignment dowel pins were scandalous
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    Bring back Buffalo Haltom! Siding with those crooks was an awful display of judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Bring back Buffalo Haltom! Siding with those crooks was an awful display of judgment.
                      Ahahahaha!!!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                        That is funny as hell! Gonna take them a while to recover from this.

Comment

Sams statement on Facebook

Dear Racing Community,

Earlier this week, misleading and dishonest social media content was published putting Advanced Modern Performance in an unfairly negative light. We understand the community’s concerns and high expectations for integrity in this industry. Our company was founded on the principles of providing high quality and honest work day in and day out, and we hold ourselves to these same principals today. For these reasons, the misleading content and outright false statements are particularly frustrating to us, and would like to address these allegations in an effort to establish the truth.

Foremost, it is important to note that our employee was purchasing a personal vehicle for his own private use, without any involvement, benefit or direction from AMP. While we do provide parts and services to C6 Corvettes, AMP would have no interest in acquiring a C6, especially one built and tuned by another tuner. Although AMP itself has no involvement in this transaction, the attack was calculated against AMP, we would like to provide the motorsports community with a truthful account of the events that occurred.

For reasons detailed below, it is clear Kevin Linsey, the owner of Driven Autoplex took advantage of the protective and close-knit nature of the motorsports community to spread a complete and total falsehood. Kevin opportunistically aimed to take advantage of what he knew to be a prank to unjustly sabotage the strong reputation established by Advanced Modern Performance through its years of honest work and high-quality service. Sadly, some people would rather tear down the hard work of other than work hard to achieve their own goals. This is simply another example of this by an opportunistic would be competitor.

The without context and accurate accounting of subsequent events, the video depicts one of AMP employees planting metal shavings in an oil filter during a pre purchase inspection from Driven. Our employee and Kevin have a long personal history of playing pranks upon each other. The employee placed the metal shavings and played along with the prank, perhaps in poor judgment, but certainly without malice. Immediately after leaving Driven, our employee called Kevin and informed him of the prank. Despite full knowledge of the prank, and suffering no harm from it, Kevin, the owner of Driven took this as an opportunity to attack integrity of AMP, who had no knowledge of this employee’s private car purchase, by publishing it on the internet and claiming he was the victim of an attempted fraud by AMP.

Although we have no interest in engaging with Kevin’s games, our reputation is paramount to us. It is the culmination of our years of hard work, skill and honest we have provided our hundreds of customers. Kevin has continued to perpetuate this video through his friends and networks in his efforts to spite AMP. Rather than being distracted by his falsehoods and smear campaigns, the best way for us to preserve our reputation is to continue to directing the entirety of our resources towards fulfilling our duties to current, prior, and future customers. Our unmatched products and services through the years speak for themselves.

We thank the community for its trust, support and patronage through the years, and particularly in this matter. We look forward to serving the community in the future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That seems like a really stupid prank to pull. I don't dig it.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              That seems like a really stupid prank to pull. I don't dig it.
                              I don't either. With all the joking about it , it makes it feel like AMP was in on it and not just the actions of an off the clock employee.
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X