• Show
Clear All

9x25?

Comment

no 5.7?
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I will add them in! I'm trying to make this just handgun rounds, 5.7 FN pistol data shouldn't be hard to find.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          I assume this is using off the shelf load's?
          I tried to compile the hottest loads that were within pressure specs, if you have loads within spec that are hotter than I have, let me know and I can verify/add them.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Damn it. I come here to get AWAY from spreadsheets and building charts.

Good info though
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Damn it. I come here to get AWAY from spreadsheets and building charts.

Good info though
              I spent most of Q1 doing executive/shareholder reports, tables, charts, and graphs. I figured I'd do a fun one for once. You don't see everything put together usually, I figured I'd cut through the BS and try to make an honest chart.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                .22tcm por favor?
                That's pushing it, is .22 TCM even SAAMI approved yet?

Comment

Looks honest to me. Where is 7.62x28 Nagant Revolver round though? Also we need subsonic in a seperate chart. It should be nothing but another line entry into your source data and a couple changes to your pivot table field list. K-thanks.

I have to put up with that shit all day long from bosses etc. Of course we use Microsoft Excell as a fucking database of which it is NOT and they constently change their chart requests.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  I spent most of Q1 doing executive/shareholder reports, tables, charts, and graphs. I figured I'd do a fun one for once. You don't see everything put together usually, I figured I'd cut through the BS and try to make an honest chart.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Looks honest to me. Where is 7.62x28 Nagant Revolver round though? Also we need subsonic in a seperate chart. It should be nothing but another line entry into your source data and a couple changes to your pivot table field list. K-thanks.

I have to put up with that shit all day long from bosses etc. Of course we use Microsoft Excell as a fucking database of which it is NOT and they constently change their chart requests.
                    Yeah you need to integrate Access into your spreadsheets and query off them. My problem is sharing huge spreadsheets/databases across our intranet. Someone is always fucking something up somewhere.

I can add Nagant in there, it's just kind of an oddball cartridge, I'll have to add .45 Webley and all kinds of ridiculous one off shit, but oh well I can just create two charts - one mainstream and one totally inclusive. I'll color code them from revolver, semi auto, c&r, wildcat, etc.

A subsonic comparison chart would be really interesting, however since velocities would be by and large fixed, the energy delivery would be entirely dependent on projectile weight, which would pretty much render a proportionate energy calculation.

Comment

What I find most interesting is from .45LC to 9mm Luger you pretty much have nearly the same energy delivery across all 5 different popular calibers. .357 sig and 10mm are the only semi auto calibers that really have any substantial benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        I tried to compile the hottest loads that were within pressure specs, if you have loads within spec that are hotter than I have, let me know and I can verify/add them.
                        I'll look and see what I have. The one that stood out was 38 Super since it is usually either identical to 357sig in bullet/velocity ratio or they are within 50fps. It is a strange cartridge kinda like a few older rifle rounds in that their max pressure has changed over the years.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

hmm I wouldnt have guess a 380 would have been DL. Maybe I would be better off with a .22lr...
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Good info CJ.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Wow.. I didn't know 10MM was so close to .357 Magnum. Maybe I need to pickup a 10mm Witness.
                              WRX

Comment

Interesting to see the data in a chart format. Thanks for putting it together.

But why .45 185gr instead of .45 230gr? Is the difference negligible?

Comment

Working...
                                X