Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soap's custom Glock 19 build progress thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap's custom Glock 19 build progress thread.

Now that polymer 80 frames have steel rails front and back. Decided to get one and build my dream Glock. Went with the Brownell's exclusive version which has better stippling my opinion. In OD green.
    With a promo code of $10 off and free shipping came out to $139.

Overwhelmed with slide options at the moment. Considering Zev or Loki tactical. Even tossing the idea around of having a Stock slide cut.

Last edited by soap; 08-28-2017, 02:58 AM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

I can respect that. Where's the rest of the parts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have a full gray g19 with glow in the dark sights as my edc. They work.

Comment

Subscribing. I've been thinking about doing a Polymer 80 build myself so I'll be watching this thread to see how yours goes.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          I can respect that. Where's the rest of the parts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Right now that's it. Im buying A "special" gun i'll keep it a surprise for now and I will unveil it in a few weeks. That said not going to be a rush build. otherwise I'll end up living in one of The rat infested trailers I sale lol.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I have a full gray g19 with glow in the dark sights as my edc. They work.
            Yeah I had a hard time deciding between the gray And OD.
            As far as reliability I think most of the problems that people were having of not returning to battery. Are due to the frame rails on the P80 being a little too "meaty". The build video from the Glock store suggest taking a whetstone to the rails and removing a very slight amount of material and then polishing what a Dremel.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              Yeah I had a hard time deciding between the gray And OD.
              As far as reliability I think most of the problems that people were having of not returning to battery. Are due to the frame rails on the P80 being a little too "meaty". The build video from the Glock store suggest taking a whetstone to the rails and removing a very slight amount of material and then polishing what a Dremel.
              I like the OD too. I'm probably going to get a g17 in OD soon too. It'll be for if the SHTF carry. 17+1 rds and a little gained accuracy in barrel length. I find the 19 a nice compromise of size accuracy and capacity. I have a 43 if I ever need tiny. But since I started hauling a sling bag everywhere the 19 is perfect.

Comment

I like the OD too. I'm probably going to get a g17 in OD soon too. It'll be for if the SHTF carry. 17+1 rds and a little gained accuracy in barrel length. I find the 19 a nice compromise of size accuracy and capacity. I have a 43 if I ever need tiny. But since I started hauling a sling bag everywhere the 19 is perfect.
                So carrying a built gun is legal even though it has no serial numbers? Someone also suggested that I should have the bottom blank plate laser cut with something like my last 4 of my social to prove that the gun is mine in case it gets stolen or something?

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Im not sure it's legal or illegal to carry. I think you are supposed to serialize it and you are the manufacturer. It's pretty much yours forever and can't be sold etc.

Comment

Im not sure it's legal or illegal to carry. I think you are supposed to serialize it and you are the manufacturer. It's pretty much yours forever and can't be sold etc.
                    You do not need to serialize a gun you manufacture.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      You do not need to serialize a gun you manufacture.
                      Unless it's an NFA item, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        That's probably what I'm thinking of. Ask an expert, and not the ATF.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Unless he plans to sell it, he doesn't need to serialize it.

Comment

I’ve really been looking into these lately
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Made a little time last night, all milling done. Drilled most of the holes out for now this build is on the back burner till I unveil may BIG surprise for y'all by next week. Stay tuned.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X