As if my luck couldn't even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, the insurance company from the girl that hit my wifes car is out of business. People suck.

I almost, and I mean almost bought one of those for my wife. Just didn't feel solid like here older escape she owned when I met her. That thing was rock solid and reliable.

Soooo after finding a different working number for her fly by night insurance, and then them trying to make me jump through hoops, they are going to cover my claim. Not near as bad as yours for sure, but still annoying.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Soooo after finding a different working number for her fly by night insurance, and then them trying to make me jump through hoops, they are going to cover my claim. Not near as bad as yours for sure, but still annoying.
      Shady insurance companies, paper tags galore, crash and dash.... be careful out there guys.

Comment

Well here's an update. The bodyshop was able to get the OE parts price matched and there will be no aftermarket body parts going back on my car! That alone has me feeling better. They think they can pull the quarter strait without cutting it off, they got the trunk floor strait, but they aren't sure if the trunk lid is good until they get the rest of the car square. They think I might have it back by the 10th.
        Me on the other hand, well I go in for anther MRI tonight. My neck is killing me, sleep doesn't come easy, and I've had some nasty headaches. My shoulder isn't to hot either. I was turned 3/4 around straining to look over my left shoulder when she hit me, so I hurt things that wouldn't normally get hurt in a rear end collision. Fingers crossed about the MRI tonight. I'm hoping it's not anything permanent. My lower back is hurting too, but not as much as the neck and shoulder. I'd just lost 36lbs before the wreck, I'm hoping my lack of normal activity levels doesn't slow my gains in that department.
        To be completely honest, I've been in kind of a funk since the two wrecks. The pain, the frustration, and trying to cram all these Dr. appointments into a 10-12 hour a day job and being a present involved husband and father has really been a test of will. My joy has been fading. But I'm working though it. Trying to manage pain while keeping the pills to a minimum and not be an asshole is tough, but my family is being patient, and I'm grateful about that. It's starting to get easier, but man I don't know how people with cancer, or other stuff like that do it! I lost a friend this year to cancer and I swear he kept a positive outlook even till the last time I saw him when he was barely there physically.
        I need to man up! All I have is two smashed cars and some human body damage. lol-ish

Comment

5 Star Ford Plano?

Comment

Pick up a copy of treat your own back and treat your own neck, by Dr. McKenzie on amazon. I think they are $8-10 each. Treat your own back has pretty much kept me from a second back surgery.

It is a very hard thing to go through. It isn't only painful to your body, it hurts your mind as well. Everyday tasks are now hard, it is harder to help out at home, it just kicks you in the nuts and keeps on kicking.

I'm not sure which meds you are on, but there are a couple that they put me on that as long as I took them, I was ok. Happy, energetic, however when I would stop, I was a raging asshole.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Pick up a copy of treat your own back and treat your own neck, by Dr. McKenzie on amazon. I think they are $8-10 each. Treat your own back has pretty much kept me from a second back surgery.

It is a very hard thing to go through. It isn't only painful to your body, it hurts your mind as well. Everyday tasks are now hard, it is harder to help out at home, it just kicks you in the nuts and keeps on kicking.

I'm not sure which meds you are on, but there are a couple that they put me on that as long as I took them, I was ok. Happy, energetic, however when I would stop, I was a raging asshole.
              thanks I'll check those out. It really does make you feel like less of a man when your wife has to pick stuff up for you.
              Thanks for commiserating with me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                thanks I'll check those out. It really does make you feel like less of a man when your wife has to pick stuff up for you.
                Thanks for commiserating with me.
                I wish I had known about those books before my surgery, I may have been able to avoid it altogether.

I was in pretty bad shape before I had the surgery, and I've had a couple of bad stretches since. It is something that definitely is a life long concern/problem, once you suffer a major back injury. The key is maintenance. Keep up physical therapy exercises, maintain core body strength, and be active.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Do insurance companies no longer pay for pain and suffering? Seems like you really got messed up in his accident, and someone should be paying.

Comment

Any pictures of the finished product?
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      Any pictures of the finished product?
                      It's only been 7 working days since that picture was taken and they haven't even welded the rear body panel or finished the pull on that antique frame machine.
                      Hopefully the squaring of his car is done correctly and the refinishing is done to factory specs...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        It's only been 7 working days since that picture was taken and they haven't even welded the rear body panel or finished the pull on that antique frame machine.
                        Hopefully the squaring of his car is done correctly and the refinishing is done to factory specs...
                        If it were my shop, I would have had it done last Friday.

Comment

At least you didn't roll out of the house and see your two vehicles piled on each other propelled by another car driven by a 90-year-old who mistook the gas for the brake...

Comment

GOD DAMN!

Fuck!

Comment

I think you win "Crappiest Day Ever" award.

Comment

Are those your cars? that fucking sucks!

oh and I have the car back, I have pics, I have been meaning to post them but... life.

Comment

Working...
                                X