Texafornia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    Speaking of national interest groups pouring money into Texas, perhaps Beto can be our next governor.
    Or, he could end up like Bobby Kennedy, which he reminds me of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      There's a whole river between us and it's actually a fairly conservative pocket.

It's no different than any of the major counties in TX from what I can tell, but damn if it ain't beautiful.
      You should have been there 20-30 years ago, it was a million times better. Californians fucked up WA and OR long before they started shifting to Texas. (I went to HS in Kalama, which is up between Woodland and Longview on I-5..)

I have family all around Washougal and Camas, and you can't even buy a 1k sq ft piece of shit house in town for under around 200k.

I spent a week up there, a couple weeks ago, and hate what it has turned in to. Traffic was awful and people drive like shit. It's really a shame.

I fucking hate Californians and got out of that fucked up state as soon as possible.

Comment

Oh, and my mom is part of the (recent) exodus to Texas.. She and my step-dad finally left SoCal and moved to Waco last year. I'm trying to convince the rest of my family to GTFO.. But don't worry, they're all Republicans.

Comment

I thought this was perfect, and really funny, btw.. I picked this up at a little Mercantile store there a few weeks ago. Washougal is where my dad lives, and they have a motocross track that's starting to get popular.. So the store started selling these stickers and hoodies with the same logo..

Attached Files

Comment

This thread is an exact mirror of native Coloradians. They are pissed that so many people from California are moving here. They are the driving force behind turning the state from Purple to Blue this election cycle.

Though I still hold out hope that the independents here are still just pissed about Trump and will shift back to Red with the right candidate. Over a 3rd of the state's voters are independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              This thread is an exact mirror of native Coloradians. They are pissed that so many people from California are moving here. They are the driving force behind turning the state from Purple to Blue this election cycle.

Though I still hold out hope that the independents here are still just pissed about Trump and will shift back to Red with the right candidate. Over a 3rd of the state's voters are independent.
              In SW CO, they bitch mostly about the Texans taking over. Every year that gets more and more drowned out because the displaced Texans actually are taking over. A lot of native Coloradans are entitled fucksticks, though. They can eat a dick.

I'm just glad to be in such a rural area that I'm insulated from the crowds, bad drivers, crime, and the general bullshit that comes with city life. And I damn sure don't miss the big flat oven that is Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                In SW CO, they bitch mostly about the Texans taking over. Every year that gets more and more drowned out because the displaced Texans actually are taking over. A lot of native Coloradans are entitled fucksticks, though. They can eat a dick.

I'm just glad to be in such a rural area that I'm insulated from the crowds, bad drivers, crime, and the general bullshit that comes with city life. And I damn sure don't miss the big flat oven that is Texas.
                We drove through CO on teh way to WA and were disappointed in the scenery. It may have just been the path through we took, who knows.

I'd be curious to see what SW CO is like because we were nowhere near it.

Comment

We drove through CO on teh way to WA and were disappointed in the scenery. It may have just been the path through we took, who knows.

I'd be curious to see what SW CO is like because we were nowhere near it.
                  Ya, if you were disappointed in the scenery, you definitely weren't near the San Juans (SW CO). I-25 splits the state (almost) in half vertically, and everything on the Eastern half might as well be Kansas. The Western slope is where it gets good, and the SW portion is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Then again, not everyone is into high mountain peaks, dense forests, lush valleys, crystal clear lakes, rivers, streams, and waterfalls, wildlife, ghost towns, and extremely remote wilderness. I sure am!

Comment

And I damn sure don't miss the big flat oven that is Texas.
                    I've been shopping real estate in both DFW and Sacramento here recently, and though it's not mountain country, even the moderate hills and established evergreens you'll find in Sacramento is simply so much more appealing to me. Add to that Lake Tahoe is a day trip, and it's so much more enticing there versus here. While, yeah, you can get more sqft for the money here, it's basically more "meh" per dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      While, yeah, you can get more sqft for the money here, it's basically more "meh" per dollar.
                      Exactly!

Comment

It's also less Democrat per dollar... not that I'm a republican, fuck both parties, but I have no problem identifying the lesser of two evils.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Aaron, have you looked at WA state, it's beautiful up here and the cost of living isn't far off from DFW area.

Comment

We drove through CO on teh way to WA and were disappointed in the scenery. It may have just been the path through we took, who knows. I'd be curious to see what SW CO is like because we were nowhere near it.
                            Ya, if you were disappointed in the scenery, you definitely weren't near the San Juans (SW CO). I-25 splits the state (almost) in half vertically, and everything on the Eastern half might as well be Kansas. The Western slope is where it gets good, and the SW portion is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Then again, not everyone is into high mountain peaks, dense forests, lush valleys, crystal clear lakes, rivers, streams, and waterfalls, wildlife, ghost towns, and extremely remote wilderness. I sure am!
                            Must be something like WA, where the western portion is green and the eastern portion resembles west TX.

Speaking of Texafornia, I fully expect Beto to resurface sooner or later and run for office. Sad thing is if he does he'll likely win if it's a Senate race he gets into.

Comment

Yep seeing a lot more Toyota's/small cars on the road and traffic is out of control anywhere you go.
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Aaron, have you looked at WA state, it's beautiful up here and the cost of living isn't far off from DFW area.
                                We've discussed a move to Seattle, it is beautiful, and an option for the current position I'm intervieing for, but not currently on the radar. My step daughter's dad and his family are in Sacramento, so that's the only consideration for now, we are comfortable enough in Frisco that really Sacramento is the only move that makes sense.

Once my stepdaughter is on her own this all may be subject to change, and Seattle is a logical next step in terms of career path.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X