This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    I keep seeing this pop up and it does make me think. Around November/December a lot of us had a horrible cough that lasted a few weeks. It didn't pop for flu under a flu test and just got passed on as an upper respiratory infection. Some are saying it was the corona virus and we have already had it and it's the media and big brother trying to cause panic and work things in their favor. Maybe some with more knowledge than myself can shed some light on this theory?
    The answer will always be, maybe!

That chick I stopped a month ago pretty much said the same thing. Jokingly, she said they didn't know what she had, then she said bronchitis, the flu or whatever that new shit is. Same way with one of the other guys I worked with and someone was heading to the hospital and looked terrible. Like I said I had a weird case of the sweats that lasted for a week well before this took off. Only for an hour and only on random days. Probably Menopause or just a little paranoia and anxiety but who knows. We will never know. No one got sick around me though.

If we can get that magic pill that protects the old and underlying conditions, I think they will just let it roll after tamping it down some with the semi lock down and getting ahead of it. Kind of terrible about Italy, Spain, and Washington State though. Hell, sad for those people in China also.

China literally was locking people inside. I think it is worse than the flu for sure for a lot of people, then maybe just doesn't affect others. Lets hope in two weeks or so we can get back to business.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      The answer will always be, maybe!
      Like I said I had a weird case of the sweats that lasted for a week well before this took off. Only for an hour and only on random days. Probably Menopause or just a little paranoia and anxiety but who knows.
      ahahahaha!

I actually know a few people that had those exact symptoms, but it was before Covid was here in the Dallas area.
      My cousin and his wife, my buddies son and another guy I know. This was in January and February, fever, bad sweats during sleep and only lasted a few days. I don't know what it was but it was weird as they all went to the doctor and no flu, strep or cold...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        ahahahaha!

I actually know a few people that had those exact symptoms, but it was before Covid was here in the Dallas area.
        My cousin and his wife, my buddies son and another guy I know. This was in January and February, fever, bad sweats during sleep and only lasted a few days. I don't know what it was but it was weird as they all went to the doctor and no flu, strep or cold...
        So, I am the germaphobe in the office. Before this got real serious my chief came in my office one day, he has been patient zero more than once and taken out my entire shift. I told him to keep his non essential ass at the house when he is sick but he wont listen. Soooo, I was sweating a little that day, he handed me his phone, I handed it back after messing with it, he did some swipes, then stuck his fingers in his mouth. I then laughed and told him about my random sweats. I have had to here about it ever since. Maybe he learned his lesson.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          I keep seeing this pop up and it does make me think. Around November/December a lot of us had a horrible cough that lasted a few weeks. It didn't pop for flu under a flu test and just got passed on as an upper respiratory infection. Some are saying it was the corona virus and we have already had it and it's the media and big brother trying to cause panic and work things in their favor. Maybe some with more knowledge than myself can shed some light on this theory?
          I got very sick in December right before Christmas, thought for sure it was the flu but tested negative, then a few days later was diagnosed with Pneumonia which gave me a cough well into February. I had all the symptoms of Covid-19 but I don't think we had a test for it then, or even considered testing for it since it was only really known in China at the time.

The answer really is "maybe"... We won't know. But I can say if that's what I had it's some serious shit. I never went to the hospital, but when my fever hit 103.9 I considered it. I had over a 100 degree fever for 10 straight days never dipping below 100 and mostly just laid in bed feeling like hammered dog shit. I was coughing so much and so hard I had ribs popped out of place that I had to go to a chiropractor to fix after my fever broke.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            The answer really is "maybe"... We won't know. But I can say if that's what I had it's some serious shit.
            This could just be coincidence/piling on the "ZOMG" train - but I work with a guy that does not take off work for anything (IT work - generally we just suffer through anyway since not physical work). Round about the same time as you he got laid out by a sickness as well - said it was worse thing he has ever had (mid 50s age). He did not get tested for anything, said he had fever, slept for days - no eating...etc. All he could do to sip fluids.

I just assumed a severe case of the flu of some sort. This person works/live in Dallas 85% of the time and otherwise is in east texas.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• I had mild flu symptoms at the end of January, and again starting Super Bowl Sunday. I brushed it of as a cold or Flu the first round, and having gotten sick again while immuno-compromised. There was no breathing trouble, which seems to be the main differentiator, so I still think it wasn't Covid-19. Couple that with the fact that nobody else in my family got sick, as contagious as Corona purportedly is, there's no way that my wife and son wouldn't have gotten it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I had mild flu symptoms at the end of January, and again starting Super Bowl Sunday. I brushed it of as a cold or Flu the first round, and having gotten sick again while immuno-compromised. There was no breathing trouble, which seems to be the main differentiator, so I still think it wasn't Covid-19. Couple that with the fact that nobody else in my family got sick, as contagious as Corona purportedly is, there's no way that my wife and son wouldn't have gotten it.
                There are still cases of folks that never show signs, but test positive. Your wife and son could be in this group.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Good time to play that 90's Japanese video game titled "Outbreak".
                  WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    There are still cases of folks that never show signs, but test positive. Your wife and son could be in this group.
                    My step-daughter would have then gotten it too, so three out of four of us without any symptoms whatsoever seems highly unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      This could just be coincidence/piling on the "ZOMG" train - but I work with a guy that does not take off work for anything (IT work - generally we just suffer through anyway since not physical work). Round about the same time as you he got laid out by a sickness as well - said it was worse thing he has ever had (mid 50s age). He did not get tested for anything, said he had fever, slept for days - no eating...etc. All he could do to sip fluids.

I just assumed a severe case of the flu of some sort. This person works/live in Dallas 85% of the time and otherwise is in east texas.
                      Same for me, I even work from home a lot but didn't even bother trying. I also forgot to mention we had taken a trip to Vegas less than 2 weeks before, huge international travel destination.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      I had mild flu symptoms at the end of January, and again starting Super Bowl Sunday. I brushed it of as a cold or Flu the first round, and having gotten sick again while immuno-compromised. There was no breathing trouble, which seems to be the main differentiator, so I still think it wasn't Covid-19. Couple that with the fact that nobody else in my family got sick, as contagious as Corona purportedly is, there's no way that my wife and son wouldn't have gotten it.
                      Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post

My wife showed no symptoms whatsoever and VERY rarely gets sick, but my oldest (12) had what seemed like a very mild cold at the same time and my youngest (9) had a high fever and like a 2 day "cold" but pretty mild then otherwise fine.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Based on what all ya'll have been describing we may have received and recovered the same back in January. My kids "maintained" being sick. We couldn't figure it out. They are 4 and almost 2. Both ran fevers and were cranky from hurting, and it lasted like a week.

Then I got the stuff and had a cough for a month (mild pneumonia?)

Then we all recovered and are dandy now. Hopefully our bodies all have the anti-bodies now and can fight off a re-infection.

Comment

• March 24

Comment

• Italy is pretty much just letting anyone over a certain age die at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              March 24

Source for this? I need to share this with a few sheep I know.

Comment

• Denton county just went on lock down.

Comment

Working...
                                X