Mass Effect Andromeda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect Andromeda

Anybody playing this? The not so favorable reviews are kinda keeping me from getting it this weekend. Apparently the combat is enjoyable once you start unlocking certain powers and the world's are cool, but dialogue and story is lacking which is obviously a big part of an rpg.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

i watched a few youtube walk through videos of it and it seems like an ok game but the characters seem dull an boring.

Comment

Curious on this one, the ME series has been pretty awesome previously. Characters make the game, if they screwed that up - might as well call it Halo.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i think they rushed it just to get a title out there and make some dough

Comment

Playing it, liking it.

Only about 2-3 hours in to it so far, but I can see myself plowing through this game and enjoying it.
          sigpic

Comment

Its a cool game. Little kids are complaining about the facial animations.. As a guy who started playing games that consisted of 8 pixels 30something years ago, I couldnt care less about the facial expressions. They are pretty funny at times, like a pause in a sitcom waiting for laughter or applause when there shouldnt be any.

Gameplay is very good and smooth. Im drawn in by the story. You REALLY dont need to know any of the ME 1-3 story line so far. Seems stand alone so far but im sure they will tie the Geth ind Reavers in sometime?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              Its a cool game. Little kids are complaining about the facial animations.. As a guy who started playing games that consisted of 8 pixels 30something years ago, I couldnt care less about the facial expressions. They are pretty funny at times, like a pause in a sitcom waiting for laughter or applause when there shouldnt be any.

Gameplay is very good and smooth. Im drawn in by the story. You REALLY dont need to know any of the ME 1-3 story line so far. Seems stand alone so far but im sure they will tie the Geth ind Reavers in sometime?
              The Geth shouldn't exist in Andromeda since they were built by the Quarians...unless the Geth traveled there on their own. The Reapers...I dunno if it's an intergalactic thing or just isolated to the Milky Way. Maybe at some point the Ryders or whoever the main characters are will hear about them. I might pick it up in a couple of weeks.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Its a cool game. Little kids are complaining about the facial animations..
                I'm a die-hard ME fan and I'm unhappy about it. I'll play the game and love it...but damn other companies have got this down-pat. Don't know why they can't figure it out.

When you were playing 8-pixel games, they weren't trying to be ultra-realistic, so it never bothered you. Even modern games (see: Minecraft) don't bother players. It's when you make the attempt to be "realistic" and fall short that bothers people.

It's boiled down to two characters now -- Cora and the admin lady on the Nexus. Both are pretty awkward to talk to.
                2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Youre god damn lucky to have the lips move at all!! You're saying MGs1 wasn't going for realism? No mouths there.

Female character has the worst glitches. Male isn't all that bad.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've put over 13 hours into it so far. The combat feels pretty nice. The animations I can get over, but one thing that annoys the hell out of me is driving the Nomad and suddenly coming to a stop. Not sure if anyone else has had that happen.

Comment

Been playing this game soo much that I strained both eyes. Now I cant play. Freaking awesome game. Bioware always delivers, sometimes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X