Was watching SG-1 and came across something I had never heard of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was watching SG-1 and came across something I had never heard of

Teflon bullets. They didn't say anything other than their ordinance was coated with them. Usually SG-1 is pretty accurate with military hardware and their capability as they had air force personnel giving advice on the show.

Since it was something I was unfamiliar with, I did a google search and read up on it and found some interesting things mainly with how we mislabel and over-react due to uneducated inexperience on unfamiliar subjects.

Long story short, they used teflon to decrease bore damage, not for its penetrating effects. Labeling the bullets as cop killers and go so far as to ban them in some states is hilarious 30 years later.

Anyone have any more instances of such occurrences as they are interesting reads to me.

During the early 1980s, there was quite a bit of controversy about teflon-coated bullets. Some news articles even went so far as to label th...

The sifi show called "V" covered the same thing about 35 years ago.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yup. The good old cop killer bulwits! Those same peeps
      banned Di-hydrogen monoxide as a deadly poison too.

Comment

Guns and politics meet at the sweet spot of complete incompetence. The reason being is individuals experienced with firearms are not anti-gun.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Can't remember what movie it was (maybe one of the Lethal Weapon movies?) where one of the characters says that the bad guys sprayed the bullet with teflon and made them cop killing bullets

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Can't remember what movie it was (maybe one of the Lethal Weapon movies?) where one of the characters says that the bad guys sprayed the bullet with teflon and made them cop killing bullets
            Yes, the Lethal Weapon armor piercing "cop killers".

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Never mind, it was Ronin that had that statement about spraying teflon on bullets.

Comment

Teflon coated bullets in a Glock 7 - for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room. Accept no substitutes.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Teflon coated bullets in a Glock 7 - for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room. Accept no substitutes.
                  I teresting trivia about that glock 7. Bruce Willis is pro gun and knows a bit about them. Not sure exactly how pro gun he is but he is on record as being in favor of gun ownership. Anyway, he fought to get that line removed from the movie because he knew that gun didn't exist and line sounded stupid. He lost, obviously.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                  X