This was a costly mistake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    People are over hyping this because it was close to a middle school and "some kids could have found it." The reality is, it was Frisco. Those overprotective parents don't let their kids out of their sight. They all get dropped off and picked up by the parents. None of those kids walk home. Those kids don't go out to play and walk around the neighborhoods like we used to.
    Was sitting watching a stop sign one day a while back. Watched all the buses leave the school. When two of them stopped within 50 yards and in clear sight of the school I though WTH. Sure enough kids came barreling off and into their houses.

I just googled it and I walked a mile to school and had to cross a six and four lane road that was heavily traveled. May or may not of had a crossing guard. Frogger was real yall! I really thought it was a lot further, damn google maps.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
      People are over hyping this because it was close to a middle school and "some kids could have found it." The reality is, it was Frisco. Those overprotective parents don't let their kids out of their sight. They all get dropped off and picked up by the parents. None of those kids walk home. Those kids don't go out to play and walk around the neighborhoods like we used to.
      You realize you're wrong, right? My wife teaches in Frisco. Plenty of kids walk, and it's a pain in the ass driving when school lets out because of it. In fact, a ton of them ride their bikes or scooters to school too.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Was sitting watching a stop sign one day a while back. Watched all the buses leave the school. When two of them stopped within 50 yards and in clear sight of the school I though WTH. Sure enough kids came barreling off and into their houses.

I just googled it and I walked a mile to school and had to cross a six and four lane road that was heavily traveled. May or may not of had a crossing guard. Frogger was real yall! I really thought it was a lot further, damn google maps.
        I thought you were about to say you walked uphill both ways in the snow barefoot or some shit like my dad used to tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          I thought you were about to say you walked uphill both ways in the snow barefoot or some shit like my dad used to tell me.
          I remember very clearly, sitting in 5 or 6 inches of snow at the bus stop at the end of the street. The bus got stuck, kids got off the bus, we all pushed, got unstuck and reload, went to school. There were no damn snow days and we walked a block or so to the bus stop. Hell snow days were fun.

On my street down here,they let the kids off in front of their house. Like 8 stops on a block.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

UK. I do not have permission to view the link.
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
            X