No announcement yet.

97 Cobra LSx Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This project is finally picking up speed.

Picked up a 4l60e from crash yesterday, and I'll be getting the trailblazer torque converter from him as well. I ordered the aje tranny crossmember and that should be here next week. I should have the radiator shorty as well. Now it is time to get to work!
    2012 GT500

Comment

• nice

Comment

• how is this project going?
        Big Rooster Racing
        1985 Mustang GT

Comment

• hurry up

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Project is dead in the water again! Lol. Money and time isn't there at the moment.
            2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              Project is dead in the water again! Lol. Money and time isn't there at the moment.
              But you have a nice new guitar amp...
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Money sets back most builds just don't get frustrated/give up and sell man. Good luck on build time flys quick mine been down 2 years now but oh we'll be done when it's done.

Comment

• Yup im on the musclestang89 time line. 5-10 years it might be done. 500 here a 1000 there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
                    Money sets back most builds just don't get frustrated/give up and sell man. Good luck on build time flys quick mine been down 2 years now but oh we'll be done when it's done.
                    Definetly. I just keep spending on other shit!! Lol
                    2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      That's still in the works. I'm looking at the denmah special right now. Just can't decide if I want a 1.05 ar. As everybody in the thread is saying I need something that spools quick.
                      That seems like a really big ar. My titan put down really healthy numbers with a turbonetics 62-1 at 7lbs of boost. I would think for something quick spooling you would be looking at a .81 or a .96 ar
                      Last edited by Mychael101; 07-15-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Hey, buy car shit.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• The new 78/75 on3 turbo looks promising.

Comment

• God dammit, these damn LSx are in errrrthang nowwa-days

Comment

• I've been building my truck. Its a 5.3 it's got heads small cam 3200 stall long tubes. I think the 4.8 with the same setup will be just as mean as the ol 5.3. And there are a bunch guys on performance trucks.net that make 800/900 wheel on stock bottom end 4.8. If you look on YouTube the guys username is LS1FREAK his 6.0 runs 10.06 and a 4.8 runs 10.07. And I think they both have 12 lbs. I could be wrong. But I wouldn't sell the 4.8 and buy a 5.3 you might be looking at 10 hp and 15 ftlbs at best. 4.8 are way cheaper and. No one wants them. Lol. I have my old one from my truck on the stand and still see the cross hatching in the cylinder walls at 180 k ran fine. Just thought I needed a "5.3". But good luck man.

Comment

• Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
                                I've been building my truck. Its a 5.3 it's got heads small cam 3200 stall long tubes. I think the 4.8 with the same setup will be just as mean as the ol 5.3. And there are a bunch guys on performance trucks.net that make 800/900 wheel on stock bottom end 4.8. If you look on YouTube the guys username is LS1FREAK his 6.0 runs 10.06 and a 4.8 runs 10.07. And I think they both have 12 lbs. I could be wrong. But I wouldn't sell the 4.8 and buy a 5.3 you might be looking at 10 hp and 15 ftlbs at best. 4.8 are way cheaper and. No one wants them. Lol. I have my old one from my truck on the stand and still see the cross hatching in the cylinder walls at 180 k ran fine. Just thought I needed a "5.3". But good luck man.

So what I read is that you have a 4.8 laying around to sell....cheap ?
                                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                                X