tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamales

Who is making them this week? I'll be making about six dozen myself.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Want!
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I want some too. Guess I have to call the tamale lady and have her make me some
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

What are yall paying for a dozen and also size?

Comment

I wanted to learn how to make them correctly, but then I found these people. I used to get them from any Mexican I could. These are hands down the best I've ever had. We just ordered several hundred dozen the other day. They're better than your Mom's/wife's/girlfriend's/little sisters/baby momma's guaranteed.

Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            They're better than your Mom's/wife's/girlfriend's/little sisters/baby momma's guaranteed.

https://www.deliastamales.com/ordereze/default.aspx
            Speaking of menudo, where's the best menudo around DFW?
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Speaking of menudo, where's the best menudo around DFW?
              I'll let someone else chime in on this. I've had it a few places, and it always seems pretty much the same. Not that it's not good, but it doesn't seem to vary much from place to place. I could be wrong though. I don't eat it often, and didn't grow up on it. Most anyone that makes it, only makes it on the weekends. I've had it at the little carniceria by my house (Carniceria La Altena), Marquez Bakery, La Mexicana y El Gringo, and a place over on Irving Blvd. I can't recall the name, but I'll drive by tomorrow and post up.

Comment

my moms makes some pretty decent tamales, imo, and she's a whitey!

Comment

I usually get some from a local place for Christmas, but I might have to give the Delias Tamales a shot this year. I like that they have lots of unique options on the filling.

Comment

If they aren't from the back hatch of a shit box minivan I'm not interested. I need to cruise through north side I guess , it's been awhile since I had tamales.
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

JalapeƱos in old town Keller used to make some pretty legit Menudo, haven't been there for a while though

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I wanted to learn how to make them correctly, but then I found these people. I used to get them from any Mexican I could. These are hands down the best I've ever had. We just ordered several hundred dozen the other day. They're better than your Mom's/wife's/girlfriend's/little sisters/baby momma's guaranteed.

https://www.deliastamales.com/ordereze/default.aspx
                        How much is shipping?
                        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                          If they aren't from the back hatch of a shit box minivan I'm not interested. I need to cruise through north side I guess , it's been awhile since I had tamales.
                          Trust me on this. Delia's is awesome. They beat out every little old lady dragging around a cooler/little old lady in a van I've ever purchased from.

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                          How much is shipping?

Go to place an order and it should calculate shipping for you. They use FedEx. I can't tell you what shipping is not knowing weight/location. I also don't work for FedEx or Delia's.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I usually get some from a local place for Christmas, but I might have to give the Delias Tamales a shot this year. I like that they have lots of unique options on the filling.
                            That's part of what I like as well. That, and the masa is the most moist and flavorful I've experienced. I've had all but the verracruz fillings. All the ones with cheese use queso fresco, not cheddar, just FYI.

These people tested steamers in my test kitchen a couple years ago. They left about 25 dozen behind. I mowed through them like a homeless man, and I've ordered from them exclusively ever since.

Comment

I prepared the sauce and pork tonight, and will me making the masa and putting them together tomorrow. I used guajillo peppers and 6 pounds of pork butt shoulder roast. The peppers are a bit sweeter than I remember in the past, so we'll see how they turn out.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X