Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Most Unexpected Thing" Bored Thursday Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 20yrs ago I was driving down I10 in Metairie headed toward Nola when I saw a Democrat SMF’er running across the westbound lanes from cops that apparently had just pulled him over. I was in the middle lane doing 75 and a crown vic passed me on the left going 90+. The Democrat made the mistake of running out in front of the crown vic which never hit the brakes. [emoji15] The SMF’er took a direct hit and the impact cut him it half. His upper torso flew about 20ft into the air over my lane and landed in the ditch on the right side of the highway. The crazy thing is that SMF’er looked right at me as he flew over my car. I’ve always wondered what he was thinking as half his body was still attached to the car that hit him and the rest was flying over the interstate. [emoji23] He was certainly awake as he was flying because he turned his head and looked right at me. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bout 10 years ago, I got it in my head that I was going to make some cash by going to people's places and fixing their electronics. Did some basic shit, virus removal, running cable to multiple rooms, home theater installs etc.

Got a call to go set up a guy's TV for an HD antenna. Pulled up, noticed security cams everywhere and an electric gate. Talked with the guy, realized that he was a few fries short of a happy meal, talking about conspiracies and government coverups, he also had guns everywhere in the house.

While keeping one eye on him and one eye on my work, I notice this big mother fucking dog coming down the hallway. Then I get to looking and realized that this ain't a dog, this is a full blood, oh what big teeth you have, timber wolf. From what I could gather, this guy was a truck driver and he hit it's mom, and took the pup in.

Now, I am in a house, with a crazy old man, with guns everywhere, and a wolf in the living room... Not good. He was actually shocked that it came out, he said that it wasn't super friendly with strangers. I petted the thing on the head, did my work as fast as fucking possible, got paid and LEFT. It was the last job I worked.

It was terrifying and awesome at the same time. How many people can say they've actually touched a wolf?

Comment

Bout 10 years ago, I got it in my head that I was going to make some cash by going to people's places and fixing their electronics. Did some basic shit, virus removal, running cable to multiple rooms, home theater installs etc.

Got a call to go set up a guy's TV for an HD antenna. Pulled up, noticed security cams everywhere and an electric gate. Talked with the guy, realized that he was a few fries short of a happy meal, talking about conspiracies and government coverups, he also had guns everywhere in the house.

While keeping one eye on him and one eye on my work, I notice this big mother fucking dog coming down the hallway. Then I get to looking and realized that this ain't a dog, this is a full blood, oh what big teeth you have, timber wolf. From what I could gather, this guy was a truck driver and he hit it's mom, and took the pup in.

Now, I am in a house, with a crazy old man, with guns everywhere, and a wolf in the living room... Not good. He was actually shocked that it came out, he said that it wasn't super friendly with strangers. I petted the thing on the head, did my work as fast as fucking possible, got paid and LEFT. It was the last job I worked.

It was terrifying and awesome at the same time. How many people can say they've actually touched a wolf?

Comment

Doing 100+ on a deserted highway and got buzzed by an F-16:

Sounds like bullshit but it's not. As most of you know, Eric (talisman) and I are on a roadtrip through the western US right now. We had just filled the rental GT up at Middletown NV and were headed to Ely NV at about 105mph. Eric was driving so I was just checking out the scenery when I saw something approaching from the

Also, this talk about hitting birds. Me and a friend were headed back to College Station in his '84 Chevy truck. We were going normal highway speeds, maybe 65-70 when we struck a pigeon or a dove or something. It hit right at the base of the windshield, in between the wipers. All this clear sticky gunk came out of it, and it started to sllloooooooowwwwllly ooze its way up the windshield. We both just watched in disbelief for about 30 seconds as this dead bird kept inching up the glass in a trail of goo. When it got to the top, whoosh, it blew off.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Years ago I was at Pete's piano bar in Fort Worth with a group of friends. I had to sit a little ways away from everyone as the table was full, the nearest empty seat was next to this single ( or so I thought ) MILF. We flirt back and forth all night, she finally slides over her phone number on a napkin, and the dude sitting on the other side of her freaks the fuck out. Turns out that was her husband.. He throws a big fit cussing her out and how he was done with her and yadda yadda yadda. Shit was hilarious.
            well, whats the rest of the story?

i think you left out the part where you called her up

Comment

I have seen lots of crashes and traffic fatalities but one in early 04 or 05 I believe really stands out. I was driving back from the west coast with an XR that I bought and I saw a single vehicle rollover that killed everyone but the mother who was driving. The kids were not belted in and started flying out of the SUV after it begain to roll and one caught some serious air before he was crushed by the SUV, the dad was belted in but took a wack to the head that had brains leaking out and he was making odd puppy sounds. The driver/mom was out cold at first and had a busted up left arm. One boy lasted long enough for me to try to seal up mutiple sucking chest wounds with a trash bag. The man that came to help me was in his 80s and later told me that he had been a combat medic during WW2 in the pacific and became a surgeon after the war and told me after the fact that there was nothing I could have done that could have helped. I was livid when the boy died and yelled to the mother that she had killed her family through pure negligence but I used much harsher words. It took 20-30 minutes for any help to arrive since we were so far out in the sticks. I had to strip and wash off in a cistern that they have placed on the side of the road evey few hundred yards before I could drive off. To this day I hope the mother burried her family and then ate a gun.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

June 1991.Friday night about 7:00 Headed up 35W to 820, in front of the Coors distribution center. Look across the median & see a Corvette headed my way, about 4ft off the ground. I'm in the left lane at about 70 in a late 70's F150. First thing (and last for a few days) I thought was " Fuck, this is gonna hurt" I was right. My truck went over the right lane, across the grass next to the service road, landed on a minivan, & flipped a couple of more times. I woke up (kinda) to an EMT asking me what my name was. Gave him my wife's' name (at the time), and the phone number to call, then passed out again. Did this a couple of times, and on the 3rd round when he asked me my name, I asked him if they could please just "cut me the fuck outta here". Woke up the following Tuesday, early in the morning. Called the nurse to ask what day it was and where I might be. She tells me Harris, 7th floor. Satisfied with that answer, I go back to sleep. Woke up later & decide to slide the tray back on the table, flip the mirror up & have a look at what had happened. Bad idea. One eye sewn shut, stitches everywhere, and the realization I can barely move my arms, and have a row of staples down my chest. Grabbed the call button & asked for a beer. Some nurses have no sense of humor....

Comment

I don't remember if it was 2014 or 2015, but I was on my 14' ZX10r up on the Talimena Drive...on the Arkansas end of it, I think.

I had made it over to Mena Arkansas and was coming back across to Oklahoma. It was a light rain coming down, and I was thumping along pretty quickly. Came around a corner and there was a FUCKING BEAR standing in the road. I had to slide that bike to a stop because there wasn't just a whole lot of room to get around it safely.

We had about a two minute stand off...it barked/grunted when I tried to back my bike up so I stopped. Then it wandered over toward the guard rail, and I fired the bike back up and hauled ass.

God bless that bikes anti wheelie electronic bullshit.
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

I've seen a few wild vehicle wrecks/roll overs while working with TxDOT. The craziest thing I think I've been involved with was the following:

One night me and two friends were headed back to Hunt Co from Dallas in my 96 Impala when we were passed by a fully involved ambulance just east of Rockwall. It passed and I reset the cruise at 75 or so and didn't think anything else of it.

About two miles down the highway some idiot, instead of moving over and slowing, decided to do what you would do on a surface street, and stopped in the fast lane. The ambulance locked up the wheels and slid to a stop right behind the car. There was traffic in the slow lane and I had noticed it too late to stop so I did the only thing I could.

This was before the median barriers, so I simply hit the median and went around the ambulance/dumbass combo and then worked my way back on to the highway and kept trucking. After we were back on the road and made sure our pants weren't full, I realized that I had never hit the brakes, the cruise was still set on 75.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

About 30 years ago going down Loop 12 and I saw a welding truck with a bunch of tall gas bottles bouncing around in the back. I kept think this didn't look safe and sure enough I saw the guy drift over to the guard rail and he swerved back to correct it and one of the bottle fell off. When it landed on the ground it must have hit just right and popped off the top and went flying along the side of the highway passing everybody up.

Around the same time, I was out at the street races and my buddy Paul Matta was racing his Nitrous Cobra. I think he was going to race someone for the first time that night and he was making a U Turn to line up with the guy when his car died. Instinctively he went to start the car back up when his intake blew up and his hood blew forward from the hinges. I think Christian and a few other board members might have been up there that night. I know a few souvenirs were handed out that night. Apparently he didn't maintenance his solenoids and they stuck wide open and when the car died and he restarted it the NOS ignited.

Another time on the way to Houston I saw a chain reaction car accident happen because of some dumb broad on the phone not paying attention. Several cars went off the highway including one that went head on to incoming traffic and hit a car. Not the first time I ever seen someone die before but the most I ever seen at one time. Everybody pulled off the highway and tried to help but for the most part there was nothing we could do.

Comment

I walked thru a lobby at a Bank of America in Tulsa less than 90 seconds before it was robbed, if the security cams and ATM clocks are synced. I likely walked within a few feet of the guy, and had two coworkers with me. It was weird watching the news that evening.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                        X