DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Television, Movies, and Music Forum

Television, Movies, and Music Forum Want to talk about a show or movie you watched last night or a song or band you heard on the radio? Post it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #3381
GeorgeG.
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Van Alstyne
Posts: 5,151
Default

I'm in the same boat. Before, I made sure to clear my evening for this show. Now I couldn't care less if I miss it and almost to the point of waiting till next year when it's on Netflix.

They're definitely dragging it out. I don't think you can have the same villain for more than one season before it gets old really quick. I mean seriously, Rick could have taken him out when they went to their compound and the priest could have taken Negan out in the trailer while he was babbling about having his shitting pants on.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #3382
yellowstang
Lifer
 
yellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,379
Default

Is Negan the one who smashed Glen's head with the bat and barbed wire? I have not watched since before that season, but did see that clip after it aired. That was the last time I watched any of it.
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #3383
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 2,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstang View Post
Is Negan the one who smashed Glen's head with the bat and barbed wire? I have not watched since before that season, but did see that clip after it aired. That was the last time I watched any of it.
yes, and they got a lot backlash for that amount of violence. which is why a lot of the action and violence has shifted to almost become a-team cartoonish.
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #3384
GeorgeG.
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Van Alstyne
Posts: 5,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
yes, and they got a lot backlash for that amount of violence. which is why a lot of the action and violence has shifted to almost become a-team cartoonish.
I was wondering why the show was looking like it was made with a year 1 budget.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #3385
LANTIRN
Lifer
 
LANTIRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
yes, and they got a lot backlash for that amount of violence. which is why a lot of the action and violence has shifted to almost become a-team cartoonish.
Which is bullshit. The show is about the end of civilization with zombies and how fucked up people can be to one another. It is supposed to be violent and I thought the glenn death scene was spot on.
__________________
I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.


Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.
LANTIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #3386
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 2,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANTIRN View Post
Which is bullshit. The show is about the end of civilization with zombies and how fucked up people can be to one another. It is supposed to be violent and I thought the glenn death scene was spot on.
I thought the pushed the limit too far. I would rather have the story keep moving then spending 15 minutes on the special effects. we get it he's dead.

But some of that disappointment comes a how they've reduced the threat of zombies to nothing more than background filler. I mean in s1 the zombies jiggle door knobs, try to climb ladders, could climb fences, could smell/sense the living and wouldn't die from a toothpick hit to the head. now they cant even walk out of a 3 foot tall ravine
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #3387
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 17,676
Default

Anymore I'm getting my info from "The Most Ridiculous Things From The Walking Dead" on Amazon. Far more entertaining.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:37 AM   #3388
FunFordCobra
Lifer
 
FunFordCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 7,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
I thought the pushed the limit too far. I would rather have the story keep moving then spending 15 minutes on the special effects. we get it he's dead.

But some of that disappointment comes a how they've reduced the threat of zombies to nothing more than background filler. I mean in s1 the zombies jiggle door knobs, try to climb ladders, could climb fences, could smell/sense the living and wouldn't die from a toothpick hit to the head. now they cant even walk out of a 3 foot tall ravine
Those were fresh zombies. There has been 6 years of decomposition.
__________________

FunFordCobra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:56 AM   #3389
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,828
Default

I think the timeline is over about 2-3 years so far
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #3390
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 17,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFordCobra View Post
Those were fresh zombies. There has been 6 years of decomposition.
Even after two weeks in that environment there shouldn't be enough flesh remaining for them to function much less six years, unless the virus somehow preserves them? Or they are fresh traveling zombies from different locations where there may be different communities....
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #3391
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,828
Default

not what i expected
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #3392
LANTIRN
Lifer
 
LANTIRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
not what i expected
Same here. Damn good cliffhanger and very unexpected.
__________________
I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.


Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.
LANTIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #3393
Magnus
Lifer
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think the timeline is over about 2-3 years so far
This is correct.
__________________
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #3394
Nash B.
Lifer
 
Nash B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 39,922
Default

I'm tired of Rick promising to kill him, and being in situation after situation where he can kill him but doesn't. The shootout at the Sanctuary? Shoot him instead of talking. Getting thrown through his window? Go back in and shoot him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny
HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #3395
helosailor
Blow me down
 
helosailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USS Awesomesauce
Posts: 12,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
I'm tired of Rick promising to kill him, and being in situation after situation where he can kill him but doesn't. The shootout at the Sanctuary? Shoot him instead of talking. Getting thrown through his window? Go back in and shoot him.
This.

Also...

Nom nom Coral!
__________________
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
helosailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #3396
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 2,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
The shootout at the Sanctuary? Shoot him instead of talking.
That causes Negan to become a martyr and his people to fight for him and get hurt/killed. But if they turned Negan over that means they are capable of functioning without him and people dont get killed.

Its a weak premise, if they had killed Negan, and then surrounded the complex they would have given up after a point.
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:33 AM   #3397
ceyko
Lifer
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
I thought the pushed the limit too far. I would rather have the story keep moving then spending 15 minutes on the special effects. we get it he's dead.

But some of that disappointment comes a how they've reduced the threat of zombies to nothing more than background filler. I mean in s1 the zombies jiggle door knobs, try to climb ladders, could climb fences, could smell/sense the living and wouldn't die from a toothpick hit to the head. now they cant even walk out of a 3 foot tall ravine
I agree with this fully - just been able to watch the latest episodes and come here to see the disappointment too.

I'd also say that part of it not that in the beginning it was "realistic" but it was more so than it is now. As far as what people could and could not do. However, they can't hit things 20' in front of them now after all those years of shooting. Yet, they need to conserve ammo...it's the little things that have been thrown away that are killing it for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #3398
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,828
Default

Season 9 has been confirmed. Iím sure Iíll watch it but it peaked in season 6 I thought, episode 1 of 7 was good and downhill after.. season 8 has been weaksauce for the most part. I want to like it, but itís getting really hard to. Gimple now overseeing twd and ftwd so Iím sure both gonna suck now.. Morgan is confirmed in the crossover so that may be cool but his character has gotten weird. Iím pretty pissed about Carls death as I hoped the story wouldíve ended with Carl sitting around a fire as an old man telling the story of his dad and everyone he grew up with.
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:33 PM   #3399
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 2,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Gimple now overseeing twd and ftwd
From what I understand he's overseeing the entire TWD media group (excluding comics) so that means he's also overseeing video games, online content, and live action as well.

They also brought on a new showrunner. So that means the TWD is going to have some changeup. From what it sounds like everybody was really mad that Carl got written off and the sinking ratings caused the shake up

On the legal side original showrunner Frank Deberaunt is suing for an additional 10 mil because AMC has been doing some shady accounting
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #3400
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
From what I understand he's overseeing the entire TWD media group (excluding comics) so that means he's also overseeing video games, online content, and live action as well.

They also brought on a new showrunner. So that means the TWD is going to have some changeup. From what it sounds like everybody was really mad that Carl got written off and the sinking ratings caused the shake up

On the legal side original showrunner Frank Deberaunt is suing for an additional 10 mil because AMC has been doing some shady accounting
Hopefully the new show runner will make the fight scenes a little better instead of Daryl running around with a storm trooper blaster (I know itís a keltec but looks like itís out of robocop)..
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boom headshot!, david loves to hate, lori dies, magnus thinks they r real, magnus watches with kids, magnus=the walking douche, nay wants a hot carl, no twd dissent, poopnut on a high horse, rick dies, ssjunk sounds like lori, steve armbar carl, steve armbar zombies, svo #1 zombie killer, zombietwat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.