Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I competed for a little over 2 years, and used skate shoes or chucks.
    Those seem to be quite different than padded running shoes, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Those seem to be quite different than padded running shoes, correct?
      This is pointless.. You don't know what you're talking about and you're resorting to the forum equivalent of sound bites just to try and save face.

Start a new thread if you want to continue digging the hole deeper. I'm through dragging this thread off topic with someone like you.

Comment

Furthermore, the Nike frees I've tried have a fair amount of cushion so they would violate your own argument JD. Shoes have no one optimum for anyone in any fitness event because of different anatomies and forms.
        Please re-read what I posted. I said that they refer to the Frees as a minimalist shoe and that I don't agree with that statement. Therefore not violating my own argument.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Those shoes are vastly different than today's running shoes, which you've initially argued as being just fine for lifting heavy. I've worn exactly what you've described and had to get rid of them because they do not support high arches all that well since they have very little padding. It's funny how you ask for this scientific proof, yet the only thing you can claim is your alleged experience. I dunno, as I said, I'd rather listen to those who've been doing this as long or longer than you've been alive than just typed words.

Comment

• They're shoes, who really gives a shit?

BTW, here's what a "detour" on the diet looks like lol. One hard weekend of pizza, beer, etc really takes a bit to recover from!
            I'm currently at -2.1 lbs/wk overall average. Looking at the trend, before the shit weekend was about -2 lbs/wk and after it's leveling back to -2 lbs/wk, but damn, that mountain in there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              They're shoes, who really gives a shit?

BTW, here's what a "detour" on the diet looks like lol. One hard weekend of pizza, beer, etc really takes a bit to recover from!
              I'm currently at -2.1 lbs/wk overall average. Looking at the trend, before the shit weekend was about -2 lbs/wk and after it's leveling back to -2 lbs/wk, but damn, that mountain in there...

Are you on strictly a weight loss program, or are you targeting a BF%.

And I eat terribly every weekend as well as drinking so I definitely know about those roller coasters. It really slows weight loss...but I don't know that I could sustain more than a month of hardcore clean eating...the desire for 8% BF just isn't there anymore.

Comment

Are you on strictly a weight loss program, or are you targeting a BF%.

And I eat terribly every weekend as well as drinking so I definitely know about those roller coasters. It really slows weight loss...but I don't know that I could sustain more than a month of hardcore clean eating...the desire for 8% BF just isn't there anymore.
                Right now I only have a weight goal. I feel I generally don't have a huge problem with losing muscle mass, and it's not like I'm competing for anything. Once I get to 200 I might start caring more about where I'm losing from, but then again there's always the part of me that doesn't give a shit. But it's like you said; I'm 31, I have no one to impress but myself (and my wife lol) and at some point I just like beer and breakfast tacos on the weekend too much to set a BF% goal, especially a low one. I have naturally cut my beer intake over the past 6-7 weeks though. My goal is really just to be healthier with no more strict expectations than that.

Not sure why but typing all of that reminded me of this

and this

Last edited by Strychnine; 04-01-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• I really admire how far you are taking this...(charts, trends, etc and so forth)
                  Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  They're shoes, who really gives a shit?

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                    I really admire how far you are taking this...(charts, trends, etc and so forth)
                    One of the many pitfalls of being an engineer. You should see the spreadsheet behind the graph! lol And it could always be worse - I'm not tracking calorie intake, but I thought about graphing daily calories vs daily weight, etc.
                    I'm down 5.4% in 6 weeks. Aaron was right, my initial pace was too fast, but I'm happy with it so far.
                    Last edited by Strychnine; 04-01-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• I aint smart enough for them there charts, but being sick for half a week has definitely put a major upswing on my mirror and pinch progress. No beer, but I always turn to junk food when I'm not feeling good.

My muscles are filled back up with glycogen, so there's that... Taking a couple steps back is ok, just make sure to take at least that many plus one forward next week.

Comment

• Down another 3.4 lbs over the past two weeks. Lost 15.8 total so far, 1.98 per week.

My whole life I have hated the hell out of running. My wife runs 2-3 miles a couple times a week though, so I've started easing into it with her. Over the weekend, for the first time ever, I actually enjoyed a 2 mile run (granted it was at a 9:40 pace).

Yesterday I read about the FBI and how they have reinstated the fitness qualification for all 35,000 agents - the first time in 16 years they will test everyone. Yesterday I decided I needed to know if I could be an agent lol.

Pushups and situps are no problem, but then there were the runs.
                        My first mile was an 8:11. That's about 6 sec slower than the best mile I ever ran (2 yrs ago when I was crossfitting the most). My total time for 1.5 miles was 13:20 though. That first mile pace emptied my tank pretty quick, so I missed the 12:53 limit.
                        On the sprint I didn't have a good way to be super accurate measuring 300m. That's 0.186 mi so I went to 0.19 on my gps, and it took 59 sec. With a 58.9 cutoff, I'm calling it a win.

Did I mention I still don't completely like running?

Comment

• Cool chart. I would own the f*** out of that test.

Comment

Cool chart. I would own the f*** out of that test.
                            Agreed, I'd be tired after the run because I don't do much cardio, but if I ran for a month prior I'd kill it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                              Just as a placeholder. Not that anyone cares. I reached my life max last week at 234. I gained 20lbs over the past 4 years working out on and off Im not even sure if its good or bad weight. Its hard to tell how much muscle has developed when I have a nice layer of insulation. This summer will be very interesting to see where my weight goes with lifting and mountain biking.
                              I didn't really get started until March 9th when I moved to Dallas. Living on a 16 mile bike trail has been a huge success.

-14 lb last night. I lift 4x per week and have been riding 20 paved miles on Saturdays. I prep what I eat (somewhat strict) Sunday-Friday and let myself cheat Friday night & Saturdays.

Moving forward I will be cutting out beer and drinking vodka. My strength isn't where it used to be but I'm focusing mainly on core and form.

Comment

• Last time I was on a scale it said 167 the 34's i bought require a belt to wear so not so bad I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X