No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To pull the derail full circle, was motivated to try shoulder pressing the 100's for the first time since I got serious about lifting again 3 years ago. Got 2 sets of 8, but was cheating a bit too much at the end of that second one, so I moved on to the next exercise.

I'm pretty stoked for the simple fact that I'm supplement free at the moment, not even taking creatine, and on a calorie deficit. I kinda got away from really pushing myself working out alone, so thanks for the little push gasser.

No video, so if you don't believe me, that's just too damn bad.

Comment

• Damn...i think 80 is the most ive ever dumbell shoulder pressed. Ive never really thought to push that one to the limit because of shoulder injury paranoia

Comment

• I find dumbbells to be easier on the shoulders, because there isn't a bar in the way, restricting ROM in front or behind the head. Granted, you recruit more stabilizers, so there's more that's prone to undue stress, but as you work up to it, all that get's stronger too.

Same thing applies to dumbbell bench press, which I've began to incorporate again as well, for more of a truly all body workout, instead of just going for a big number. The big guys like wh!telightning toss up the 120-150's like nothing, so "dangerously heavy" is relative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
          It's a glitch in the matrix, double-posts happen, for you to try and use it as a very unsuccessful 3rd-grade level insult is simply more proof of what a little forum troll you really are.

Go ahead and post up that awesome wooden rack of yours, and a video of you doing anything with a set of 100lb dumbbells. I'll concede that I was wrong about this one little detail of your pathetic online existence, and continue on with my my life. Even if you can manage to get under the weight, that doesn't change the fact that you bring absolutely zero positive value to the board. I'll say again, people tolerating and/or ignoring your inane bullshit on here does not equal acceptance or approval.
          Well if you want to keep arguing, ok I guess. So there you go projecting, which is all you ever seem to do. Please cite specifically, where I said anything like it was "awesome". More bullshit you made up. How exactly is a few 2x4's screwed to some angle iron, going to be awesome anyway? You don't really do logic, do you? Are you female? Unlike you I won't just make stupid assumptions about someone I've never even seen let alone met, so for all I know you very well could be. It would explain a lot.

And you're even dumber than I already thought if you think I'm somehow seeking approval or some kind of acceptance. Hahahaaha... that one is good. I would kiss ass like all the other little... ass kissers if that was true. You can put that just right back up your ass. And if you think I've helped no one, with nothing, you simply don't/can't read. But that's typical.
          WH

Comment

• Pics or stfu liar.

Comment

• I'm feeling great this week. Body weight is still the same as its been for the past 6 weeks but I can feel the strength coming back.

Did some 5x5 @315 squats this week, 5x5 @315 deadlifts... makes me want to go do some 100 lb dumbbell work tomorrow and post a vid

Comment

Pics or stfu liar.
                You really want some pics?

You really want 'em??
                WH

Comment

I find dumbbells to be easier on the shoulders, because there isn't a bar in the way, restricting ROM in front or behind the head. Granted, you recruit more stabilizers, so there's more that's prone to undue stress, but as you work up to it, all that get's stronger too.

Same thing applies to dumbbell bench press, which I've began to incorporate again as well, for more of a truly all body workout, instead of just going for a big number. The big guys like wh!telightning toss up the 120-150's like nothing, so "dangerously heavy" is relative.
                  Excellent job!
                  I'm a huge dumbbell fan as well.
                  I tend to favor Arnold presses over shoulder presses and got to where I can do the 100's comfortably on Arnold's.
                  I don't even bench press on a barbell(minus close grip) anymore.
                  It strains my shoulders much more than dumbbell presses do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Did some 5x5 @315 squats this week, 5x5 @315 deadlifts...
                    Me too! Small world.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      I'm feeling great this week. Body weight is still the same as its been for the past 6 weeks but I can feel the strength coming back.

Did some 5x5 @315 squats this week, 5x5 @315 deadlifts... makes me want to go do some 100 lb dumbbell work tomorrow and post a vid
                      Getting stronger without gaining weight is like turning iron to gold (fat to muscle), nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Excellent job!
                        I'm a huge dumbbell fan as well.
                        I tend to favor Arnold presses over shoulder presses and got to where I can do the 100's comfortably on Arnold's.
                        I don't even bench press on a barbell(minus close grip) anymore.
                        It strains my shoulders much more than dumbbell presses do.
                        I haven't done a barbell bench press in at least 6 years now, and the only thing that's lagging is my barbell bench press. Totally forgot about Arnold presses, I think I'll add those in on my next shoulder day, albeit with a little lighter weight than the 100's.

Comment

I haven't done a barbell bench press in at least 6 years now, and the only thing that's lagging is my barbell bench press. Totally forgot about Arnold presses, I think I'll add those in on my next shoulder day, albeit with a little lighter weight than the 100's.
                          Right. You don't want to be a half-repper, bro.

Comment

• Ain't no half-reppin'
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Barbell benchpress is one of the few workouts i cant give up. But without a spot...i just maintain and do reps of 10-12. Im not sure what my ORM is but its probably still in the low 300s.

Arnold presses are killer...and probably an every other shoulder workout exercise.

I need to up my core game though...thats typically the exercises im most likely to half ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                                Right. You don't want to be a half-repper, bro.
                                Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                Ain't no half-reppin'

It was more like a 3/4 rep for the last 2, and then extending my hips to give me an incline to incorporate upper chest for the last 1/4 rep. I don't make a habit of it, but I've found over the years that cheating is sometimes necessary to break through plateaus. Your cheating a little ROM or away from the target muscle group, but not lacking the intensity or over all work performed.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Barbell benchpress is one of the few workouts i cant give up. But without a spot...i just maintain and do reps of 10-12. Im not sure what my ORM is but its probably still in the low 300s.
                                This is precisely why I don't do bench alone, you can't go to true failure without a spot and not get stuck, but can with dumbbells or the hammer strength machines. That's no biggie if you're on a maintenance program, and not looking to grow or get stronger, but I personally can't not go to failure when possible, it feels like I didn't finish if I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X