Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Alpine CD player CDE-9842 - how to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Alpine CD player CDE-9842 - how to remove?

I put this CD player in the center console of my bronco, it is an all metal welded center console with a slot for a head unit. Then there is a flip cover that hides it. I stuck it in, now I want to change to a Bluetooth head unit. The blue tooth head unit won't fit where the CD player is, but I don't just want to leave it in there.

I've got the trim piece off, what can I stick in there to free it from the metal sleeve you install these things with? It's spring loaded I think, you just have to press this way and hold your tongue that way...

I've lost the install brackets (removal key, really) they reference here on p 21.
    http://.manualsonline.com/6/6d6887ad...64a6e8d11c.pdf

Thanks in advance.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Maybe a thin filet/boning knife?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Y4lH-Vceg[/ame]

Comment

I've pulled the whole console out to install carpet and seats, I'll just take it to a car audio place, stand around an open bay door until someone wants to make a quick buck.
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

A lot of times apines are just 2 retainers on the outside edges of the cage., it may also be side bolted or bac strapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
          A lot of times apines are just 2 retainers on the outside edges of the cage., it may also be side bolted or bac strapped.
          I installed it originally, and I pressed probably 1/2 of those tabs down that keep it in place. I'd have to take a picture of the welded metal console it's in for it to make sense on how f'ed you are if you want to remove it w/o those little tools they provide you. Shit, I don't throw ANYTHING away, drives my wife nuts, but I threw those away, and here I am, shit in one hand, want in the other, waiting to see which hand fills up first.

Comment

Lots of little finger tabs? Look for the releases on the sides.

Comment

Two 3/8" wide metal strips about 4" long should be able to release the radio. Slide them down the center of the right and left side of the deck between the mounting sleeve and radio. You may have to bend or twist the strips a little while pulling up for the deck to slide forward where you can pull it out.

Comment

Use a hammer and a screwdriver or chisel and smash the face in until you can break apart the head unit piece by piece. Eventually you will be able to pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  Use a hammer and a screwdriver or chisel and smash the face in until you can break apart the head unit piece by piece. Eventually you will be able to pull it out.
                  I can show you how to make thermite if this doesnt work.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of heating/bending of shifter handles on my drivetrain project, so I'm just going to put the blue tipped wrench to it and melt/burn it out of there. If for any reason one of my tanks is empty, I have an air chisel as a back up. I think I'm all set, I think we're good here.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                      I've been doing a lot of heating/bending of shifter handles on my drivetrain project, so I'm just going to put the blue tipped wrench to it and melt/burn it out of there. If for any reason one of my tanks is empty, I have an air chisel as a back up. I think I'm all set, I think we're good here.
                      Please film this so we can see how you got it done.

Comment

Well, the air chisel seemed to work just fine, and after a little sweat and a few extra pieces, I got the radio out, finally.

Comment

j/k. This was the center console in my bronco. Images courtesy of google search.
                          I took the center console to Custom Sounds (car stereo place in Austin) and they pulled the unit out of the install carriage for me. Gratis. I heard the guy talking about how the bar up the street serves his favorite beer, so I left him a 10 to go buy a couple of beers (I hope that covered it!)

Comment

Working...
                          X