102.1 is no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 102.1 is no more

Longtime Dallas radio home for alternative music 102.1 The Edge (KDGE) is no more, RadioInsight reports. iHeartMedia has shut it down after 27 years.
    Currently, the station (which you can also listen to online) is playing "Closing Time" by Semisonic on repeat, along with a message telling listeners "You can hear the sound of 102.1 The Edge at 97.1 the Eagle. Beginning Thursday at 5:00 you can hear the new 102.1." Another message says "Thanks for 27 great years."
    KDGE.iheart.com now redirects visitors to the Eagle's website.
    As of this writing, the only official communication from any of The Edge's social media accounts is a rather unceremonious Facebook post that merely says "Listen live on 97.1 The EAGLE: www.kegl.com/listen."
    Longtime Dallas radio home for alternative music 102.1 The Edge (KDGE) is no more, RadioInsight reports. iHeartMedia has shut it down after 27...

Wow, that's unfortunate. At least, I think it is. Can't remember the last time I really listened to the radio.

Comment

Are they switching 97.1 to 102.1's genre?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Are they switching 97.1 to 102.1's genre?
        That explains the other day when I heard an alternative rock song play on the 97.1.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
          That explains the other day when I heard an alternative rock song play on the 97.1.
          Same. I looked at the radio and thought "how the fuck did my radio change to this skinny jeans wearing shit station", then I realized it hadn't actually switched stations.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Same. I looked at the radio and thought "how the fuck did my radio change to this skinny jeans wearing shit station", then I realized it hadn't actually switched stations.
            102.1 is the primary channel I listen to. How dare you talk like that in my safe space?

Comment

They said it was on the air for 27 years. They must be counting a time when it was somewhere else besides 102.1 because Q102 was on 102.1 until 1998. Then 102.1 became some other bullshit Soul station for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                They said it was on the air for 27 years. They must be counting a time when it was somewhere else besides 102.1 because Q102 was on 102.1 until 1998. Then 102.1 became some other bullshit Soul station for a while.

94.5 was the old home.

Comment

This was my favorite 94.5 fm

Comment

In our store were doing the 102.1 challenge to see who cracks first. Volume set to loud, how many times can we play closing time

Comment

"Thanks Donald"
                      WRX

Comment

So sad to hear it go.

After about 2 hours of noticing the same song when going in and out of the work bay, I finally switched over to 95.3 the range for some classic and red dirt country

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                          In our store were doing the 102.1 challenge to see who cracks first. Volume set to loud, how many times can we play closing time
                          I heard that song playing in my shop, went back out and it was still playing like 15 minutes later. Took me a minute to realize it. At first I thought it had something to do with the on air apology the other day (still not sure what that was about). Then i searched and saw they were closing shop.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            I was puzzled also when this happened to me. I thought I must have changed stations while driving.

CN

Comment

Good riddance OTA radio station.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X