Hold on bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold on bank account

I got a nice surprise today, a $8500 hold on my main checking account which put the account in the hole by about $5000, I called my bank and they told me a collector put the hold on my account, how is this possible in TX? Anyone else dealt with this? I guess I am going to call an attorney tomorrow to see wtf is going on, my bank basically said sorry your fucked at this point. My credit is perfect and I have never paid anything late or defaulted. I have never received any kind of legal letter or been served for some kind of debt, it's pretty crazy they can totally F up my bank situation without any previous notice to me.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Whom do you bank with?

Comment

Who/what was the creditor company name that placed the hold?

Comment

What about taxes or a judgement?

Comment

did you claim dfwmustangs as a write off?
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

it's been through the courts . only way . exwife? identity theft .

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              What about taxes or a judgement?
              If it was the IRS the bank would know. I had the IRS empty my checking account due to unpaid taxes. When I called the bank they just referred me to the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                it's been through the courts . only way . exwife? identity theft .
                Yeah i just got an automated call a few minutes ago saying it was a court order, they didn't give me any other info.

Thanks guys.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

On the surface this just seems wrong. Curious as to what is going on, I also would have assumed prior to ANYTHING like this happening you'd be well aware of it. "You have 90 days...etc" type crap.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This sucks, an illegal immigrant gets more due process.

Comment

i would advise some serious action on this. if you are not aware of it then it is someone else using your info . the collections and courts have been dealing with it for like 6-8 months. either someone has used your identity or an ex is involved. the correspondence was going somewhere. you can demand any and all info from your bank. then get all court records.

Comment

i would advise some serious action on this. if you are not aware of it then it is someone else using your info . the collections and courts have been dealing with it for like 6-8 months. either someone has used your identity or an ex is involved. the correspondence was going somewhere. you can demand any and all info from your bank. then get all court records.
                        I don't know how it works at a personal level, but for my corporate clients, the bank receives a legal court order and the bank is required to place a hold. Typically the legal order has identified an account already and I will verify if my client approves of using that account or if they want to use an alternate one.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          On the surface this just seems wrong. Curious as to what is going on, I also would have assumed prior to ANYTHING like this happening you'd be well aware of it. "You have 90 days...etc" type crap.
                          You don't get prior notice of asset seizure, that'd pretty much defeat the purpose.

Comment

I would find out who the court order is for and call to find out why they took 8500 from you

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              You would think, debt collectors are shady as fuck. they like to file in JP courts, which aren't easily searched, "attempt" to serve you, and show up in court, you are a no show, and they get a default judgment. If it is an ex that is up to this, they could have easily dodged the process server, it goes to court, collector's lawyer shows up, he doesn't, BAM. I would however, check the Texas Finance code, I didn't think wage garnishment or these kinds of actions were legal. Though I've never been that deep down the rabbit hole to know the ins and outs of that particular part of it.

This right here. Start with creditboards.com, there is a legal section in there, and a TON of valuable information. Check county, district, and JP court records. If there was a judgement then it would be in the files somewhere with your name on it as a defendant.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X