Re-manufactured Transmission builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-manufactured Transmission builder

Does anybody have any recommendations on where to get a transmission? The 42RLE in my daughter's Jeep took a dump. I would prefer a re-manufactured one with a warranty. Not looking for a junkyard replacement. It's just a daily driver so I am looking for a stock unit. Do not need any performance parts.

Mike's Trick Shift still gets plenty of good reviews. Personally I'd buy an ETE unit from someone (LKQ) because they have a really good warranty and pay for repairs up front. Expect to spend $1600 or so for one though.

Also definitely call a Jeep dealer and try to get wholesale pricing. A lot of dealers are actually trying to sell parts now and stopped trying to get 40% markup on everything. I usually call Love Field Jeep for the best prices.

Definitely don't go with a used 42RLE, they are even less reliable than a 5R55!

Comment

Call Jeff up at Plano Transmission 972-423-3666. Reputable guy, known him 25 plus years. You get a warranty with his rebuilds. He's done a ton for me, always done right. He has one of mine right now as a matter of fact.. Tell him I sent ya.

Comment

^^^ I’ll second that. Plano transmissions is top notch. Bench built a few 4r70w 4wd setups for me and I couldn’t be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Mike's Trick Shift still gets plenty of good reviews. Personally I'd buy an ETE unit from someone (LKQ) because they have a really good warranty and pay for repairs up front. Expect to spend $1600 or so for one though.

Also definitely call a Jeep dealer and try to get wholesale pricing. A lot of dealers are actually trying to sell parts now and stopped trying to get 40% markup on everything. I usually call Love Field Jeep for the best prices.

Definitely don't go with a used 42RLE, they are even less reliable than a 5R55!
          Grapevine Automatic uses ETE. I spoke with him (Rob) about one today for one of our customers. He speaks very highly of them.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            Grapevine Automatic uses ETE. I spoke with him (Rob) about one today for one of our customers. He speaks very highly of them.
            I sell 10-15 of their transmissions a week. It's a great company to deal with. I can't sell retail though so I didn't mention it.

Comment

Mkkkkay, what does ETE stand for and where are they and do they rebuild(s) across the OEM brands or are only specific to one brand?
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Mkkkkay, what does ETE stand for and where are they and do they rebuild(s) across the OEM brands or are only specific to one brand?
                It used to be Engine Transmission Exchange. http://www.etereman.com/

Comment

Working...
                X