Sinus surgery, who here has had it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinus surgery, who here has had it?

I go in Friday to get my sinuses changed forever! have deviated septum on one side and a thinning of all the sinuses. Anyone had this done before...kinda nervous, should never google a few days before a procedure.

Originally posted by zachary View Post
    I go in Friday to get my sinuses changed forever! have deviated septum on one side and a thinning of all the sinuses. Anyone had this done before...kinda nervous, should never google a few days before a procedure.
    Please be honest and tell me if it fucking hurts after the surgery, thanks...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I had a deviated septum straightened, turbinates reduced, and a roto-rooter run through my sinus cavity.

Recovery sucked, but having my tonsils taken out was worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Recovery sucked

This needs more elaboration

Comment

You’ll come out of there with a black and blue face like somebody kicked your ass for 2 hours. It’s gonna be great!

Comment

I had a tumor bigger than a golf ball removed from behind my eyes in 2009. While they were in there they cleaned all my sinus cavities and fixed my deviated septum. It sucked for a few days and I was ok. Had the surgery on a Friday and was back to work on a Monday. By far not the worst surgery I have had.

For the most part you are tender but you bleed a lot from your nose. You have to have something taped under your nose for days to catch all the blood. Then you get the nice blood clots in your nose that are a bitch to finally get out. But other than that its not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Please be honest and tell me if it fucking hurts after the surgery, thanks...
              My pops just had it and said it's pretty uncomfortable...however he was still able to travel a few days after and enjoy the holidays.

Comment

Subscribed

I did the turbo thing and shit grew back seillen again

It is either go in and get that shit done right or try the actual allergy shots. Not cheap either

Comment

I have had the roto-rooter surgery twice now, the second time they fixed my deviated septum and actually opened up my frontal lobe into one big part seems to be doing better. The recovery wasn't bad at all hardly had any swelling just some blood. Like they stated above more tender than anything. Its been 2 years now and i try to do a flush 3-4 times a week, seems to really help.

Comment

Which dr is doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      Which dr is doing it?
                      Dr. Matthew Ryan at UT Southwestern

Comment

I had mine done. Not too bad though I haven't noticed too much change over time. The oddest part is pulling all of the gauze out a few days later and feeling it unwind from your sinus cavity. Now THAT is a trip.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I actually go to an allergist and am on immunotherapy as well. I have TERRIBLE seasonal allergies so both are necessary for me ;(

Well i go in for preadmit today then surgery Friday morning....i scared

Comment

Yes this sucks...bad

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                              Yes this sucks...bad
                              Must not have gone to SVO for the procedure.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                              X