Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping

thinking about taking the fam on a camping trip but all i can come up with is Turner Falls. Anyone been camping lately? Any suggestions?
    .....bro....

Canyon Lake is the clearest water I've found in Texas. We had a good time camping there.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

There are a ton of Texas State Parks with camping.. Around here, I like Cedar Hill SP and Ray Roberts SP, Johnson Branch.

That said, if you are looking for specific activities or settings, it would help to know.

Comment

just looking for a clean place to pitch a tent, maybe do some hiking and take in the scenery. I dont fish so we wont be doing any of that. id like a camp site with access to water and ive camped out at other places that even have electric outlets but electricity is not a necessity. A decent bath house to take a shower wouldnt hurt either
        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Canyon Lake is the clearest water I've found in Texas. We had a good time camping there.
          This, I stay at the Turkey Cove lodge when I go. Tooooons of stuff to do out there.

Comment

Preferably something 2-3 hours away from Dallas. Canyon Lake looks awesome but it's almost 6 hours from me.
            Last edited by A+; 02-13-2017, 02:15 PM.
            .....bro....

Comment

I'm with chili. State parks have been good to us. Usually clean with trails to hike.

Comment

Tryout Cleburne State Park

Comment

Couple good parks down near Marble Falls and Burnet Texas think Inks Lake State Park and Longhorn Cavern

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    There are a ton of Texas State Parks with camping.. Around here, I like Cedar Hill SP and Ray Roberts SP, Johnson Branch.

That said, if you are looking for specific activities or settings, it would help to know.
                    The only thing about Cedar Hill SP right now is parts of the park are still closed from a couple of years back when we had a lot of flooding. And a lot of the sites near the water are in bad shape. But other than that, the parts that are open and not near the water are nice. And the DORBA trails in the back of the park offer 12-16 miles of hiking. The only thing is being near the city, the park can get a little crowded on the weekends especially with campsites being a little limited.

This is probably right on the edge of your travel time but I camped at Coppers Break SP last October and it was really nice. I can't think of the term but it's a park designed for watching the stars at night so they have very little lighting and it gets really dark. When we went, the park was hardly crowded but that changed the second night. But it was mostly RV'ers just camping for the night. Plenty of trails to go hiking, I think we biked like 12 miles one day and still hadn't explored everything. I've got plenty of pictures of the place if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                      Preferably something 2-3 hours away from Dallas. Canyon Lake looks awesome but it's almost 6 hours from me.
                      It's been years since, but lake Murray just over the ok border was a nice camping spot with crystal clear water.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Sulpher state park
                        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Along the Trinity River would be great.

Comment

That's nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              I'm with chili. State parks have been good to us. Usually clean with trails to hike.
                              Where are you guys camping at?

Comment

Working...
                              X