collision bros!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    It will not make one bit of difference. Thinking like this is what keep PI lawyers in business.
    part of the reason I dont give enough of a fuck to go for a long walk out back.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      part of the reason I dont give enough of a fuck to go for a long walk out back.
      Do you work at the shop that is on the hook in this case?
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It will not make one bit of difference. Thinking like this is what keep PI lawyers in business.
        This exactly. The analysis and testing required to prove otherwise would cost more than a settlement. And I can't imagine you will find an engineer at Honda that will agree it doesn't make a difference. You can see exactly how this will go in the court documents.

Auto body shop owners, managers and technicians across the country might want read the deposition of a Texas dealership collision center’s director and take a look in the mirror. John Eagle C…

Comment

Do you work at the shop that is on the hook in this case?
          no sir, I see the ones that dont get repaired.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We just had a meeting today at work about this. We have been told we now need to only follow all data for all repairs if their is no all data follow up with I car standards. It's funny the insurance company's demand we be gold class certified to work on their car but then want us to contradict what I car tells us todo. Just proves my point that icar is a waist of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Word is the settlement will be 40+ mill. 75% John Eagle 25% other car involved in accident.
              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

for that much you would think john eagle would buy two fits. glue one roof and weld the other. then pay a third party to crash them both in a similar fashion to this claim just to see the outcome. no way in hell that bonded roof would come loose without the fire.

i read one online article where state farm was also to blame according to the attorney.

where did you hear about the settlement? you noticed insurance bros are super quiet about it?

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                  for that much you would think john eagle would buy two fits. glue one roof and weld the other. then pay a third party to crash them both in a similar fashion to this claim just to see the outcome. no way in hell that bonded roof would come loose without the fire.

i read one online article where state farm was also to blame according to the attorney.

where did you hear about the settlement? you noticed insurance bros are super quiet about it?
                  Any half assed engineer could pick that test apart easily. There are quite a few variables with adhesives and i doubt the existing parts were in good enough condition to replicate for a test.

The forensic engineers made their assessment for a reason. I don't know what the car looked like immediately after the crash but the fire wouldn't cause large scale plastic deformation...

Comment

Yes the collision shop tried to blame insurer for pressing how cars are repaired, which is incredibly common in the business. Insurer says we are paying for A but shop says B is required. IF you don't do A say good bye to your direct repair and referrals from said insurer. This is over simplified of course, but shops make arrangements on part pricing, rental, labor rates, etc. For the bigger shops the insurance company has them by the balls, this is why I tell everyone to find a independent shop that is good.

There is a "DFW collision industry" FB group where someone is posting about the trial as it goes on.
                    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

42 mil settlement.
                      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

I fully agree that the poor repair job played a big role in crash severity....but damn that's a huge settlement.

Here's the best article I've seen showing the evidence and expert opinions (one from an engineer on the ford gt Among other supercars).

A Texas jury on Monday found John Eagle Collision Center’s incorrect repair liable for much of the severity of the crash of a 2010 Honda Fit, and awarded the couple injured and trapped inside…

Comment

Can't read all of it at the moment but believe this is from same law firm.

A new presentation from Tracy Law Firm automotive safety attorney Todd Tracy indicates that “driver” heads, necks, femurs and toes were subjected to greater stress during crash testing …
                          2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

i saw that. this may actually change things, too bad the consumer will still take it in the pants over premiums.

fit and finish being the obvious, but i have always said no to welded aftermarket parts. no one has ever been able to show me third party data or tests that they perform the same as OE in a crash.

Comment

i saw that. this may actually change things, too bad the consumer will still take it in the pants over premiums.

fit and finish being the obvious, but i have always said no to welded aftermarket parts. no one has ever been able to show me third party data or tests that they perform the same as OE in a crash.

Keystone has said they don’t crash test their parts. Insurance company’s are going to end up having to suck it up and pay for oem parts. Or theirs going to be a much bigger push for lkq parts. And that screws me since they normally come in all beat to shit. Only getting 4hr to cut and trim a lkq quarter is such shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                                Keystone has said they don’t crash test their parts. Insurance company’s are going to end up having to suck it up and pay for oem parts. Or theirs going to be a much bigger push for lkq parts. And that screws me since they normally come in all beat to shit. Only getting 4hr to cut and trim a lkq quarter is such shit.

ahem.

Comment

Working...
                                X