I agree losing the stx sticker would make it look better imo
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      You have more fun?
      You right!

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      Remove the decal. Makes the truck look cleaner
      Agreed. I yanked mine off and replaced it with a flat Black 4X4 sticker that you can barely see on the magnetic grey.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Does the 6.2L shake at idle on the trucks? The LT1 shakes like all hell in my camaro and my aunts C7 vette.
        There’s a slight lope every now and then. It it isn’t too bad. Same for the 2016 Camaro SS I had. The shake is because the vehicle is a little scared of the powerful small block. Haha.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Put some Slick50 in it to get rid of the noise.

Comment

Stx is the best optioned truck for the price

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. I got one myself just before Christmas.

2018 STX 5.0

"You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                Congrats on the new ride. I got one myself just before Christmas.

2018 STX 5.0

Nice Congrats. That was my Secondary color choice.

I gotta say I’ve been enjoying the shit outta this truck. I love how stiff and tight everything is. feels a lot better then the 2008 and 2012 we had.

On a side note. The little single cab 06 Colorado I have makes parking in Tight crowded spot. Child’s play. But on this truck as I do on all my good vehicles. I’m the kind a guy whole park 1 mile away just to void dings and carts.
                Last edited by soap; 02-04-2019, 09:36 PM.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I'm enjoying mine also. Already added a Pedal Commander, remote start, activated bambi mode and changed a few things with forscan. I also installed the auto start/stop eliminator so I dont have to remember to hit that damn switch every time I get in the truck. The first thing I did was rear wheel well liners, I hate that it doesn't come with them. I've also got a set of LED lights for lows, highs, and fogs waiting to be installed.

There are some annoyances though. I've got the noises that all these newer trucks seem to have. The trans makes a light whining noise, and when the engine is cold theres a loud chirp at idle and a lot of noise from the VCTs when you let off the gas. Plus every once in a while it sounds like it has a knock in the bottom end. But like I said you can go on the f150 forums and find to s of people that are all being told that these noises are normal and should lessen as miles get put on. I've got around 1100 miles on it so far and I drained the oil and refilled with some Pennzoil platinum 5w30 and it got quieter.
                  "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I'm enjoying mine also. Already added a Pedal Commander, remote start, activated bambi mode and changed a few things with forscan. I also installed the auto start/stop eliminator so I dont have to remember to hit that damn switch every time I get in the truck. The first thing I did was rear wheel well liners, I hate that it doesn't come with them. I've also got a set of LED lights for lows, highs, and fogs waiting to be installed.

There are some annoyances though. I've got the noises that all these newer trucks seem to have. The trans makes a light whining noise, and when the engine is cold theres a loud chirp at idle and a lot of noise from the VCTs when you let off the gas. Plus every once in a while it sounds like it has a knock in the bottom end. But like I said you can go on the f150 forums and find to s of people that are all being told that these noises are normal and should lessen as miles get put on. I've got around 1100 miles on it so far and I drained the oil and refilled with some Pennzoil platinum 5w30 and it got quieter.
                    Yeah once the warranty goes out. I’m going with a little thicker oil. That will Make it a little quieter. But as long as it still on the warranty and I still have my service contract for their free all changes I’m going to just let forward to all the maintenance on it. That way if something does happen they won’t be quick to tell me a void my warranty by not it hearing to recommended shit.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

What is pedal commander and bambi mode?

Saw I could add remote start through the scan port and no wire hacking

Comment

What is the bambi mod? Which wheel well liners did you use? I drive through a lot of slop in new construction and would like to keep it off of everything!

OP:

I picked mine up at the end of October, almost 7000 miles later and still loving it. Magnetic Gray, super crew STX with the 2.7L. I was worried about the tick at idle, though after some research, I found that it was the injectors. This may be different on the V8 though. The injector pop is so noticeable on the ecoboost due to fuel pressure.

Auto start/stop is disabled in sport mode for sure, so that is an option.

The 10 speed takes some getting used to. It is supposed to be adaptive, so the awkwardness will go away the more you drive it, as it learns your driving habits.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Does this FORSCAN void warranty?

Comment

Hellion Power Systems - F150 Turbo Kit

Y'all can thank me later. After you pay off your credit card.

I've got these same EFR 7163 turbos going in my truck (Ecoboost 3.5). I didn't pay $9k for them though.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                              What is pedal commander and bambi mode?

Saw I could add remote start through the scan port and no wire hacking
                              Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              What is the bambi mod? Which wheel well liners did you use? I drive through a lot of slop in new construction and would like to keep it off of everything!

OP:

I picked mine up at the end of October, almost 7000 miles later and still loving it. Magnetic Gray, super crew STX with the 2.7L. I was worried about the tick at idle, though after some research, I found that it was the injectors. This may be different on the V8 though. The injector pop is so noticeable on the ecoboost due to fuel pressure.

Auto start/stop is disabled in sport mode for sure, so that is an option.

The 10 speed takes some getting used to. It is supposed to be adaptive, so the awkwardness will go away the more you drive it, as it learns your driving habits.
                              Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                              Does this FORSCAN void warranty?
                              The Pedal Commander hooks inline on the wiring to the gas pedal. Basically it has a ton of different settings that change the slope of the input signal sent to the ecu from the gas pedal. Makes the truck much more responsive to drive.

Here's a vid on youtube explaining it. Also, the newest one is controlable by bluetooth with your phone so you can mount the unit up under the dash and use your phone to make changes.
                              Shop This Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller: http://muscle.am/2qXRMyCSubscribe for New Ford Truck Videos Added Daily: http://bit.ly/ATFSubscribe T...

For the remote start I bought the unit from 12voltsolutions. I got their NO HONK Kit. It took longer to figure out where to mount it than it did to program it. https://www.12volt.solutions/pages/p..._ford~md_f-150

As far as Bambi Mode goes, it's called that because the fog lights shine to the sides of the road making it easier to see animals or deer at night. But when you turn your brights on it turns off the fog lights. To turn bambi mode on you change a line item number in the programming of the ecu with FORSCAN and it won't turn the fogs off anymore.

The wheel well liners I used were the OEM liners. I got them off amazon. There are cheaper out there but I wanted the OEM units. https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Genuine-...FL3Z-9927886-B

Now FORSCAN. https://forscan.org/home.html

Basically, this is an open source program written by some russian guys that supposedly works like the dealers IDS units. I've never used an IDS unit so I don't have anything to compare it to. But you can go in and change the ASBUILT data in your ECU. As far as it voiding the warranty goes, the dealer can't tell that anything has been changed so unless you tell them you did it the warranty shouldn't be an issue. Basically your just turning on or off, OR adjusting the features in the truck. when you change things with this program it looks like that is how it was programmed at the factory. You can also check alll trouble codes and erase them. And even do datalogging and other stuff.
                              You need an adapter to hook it up with a laptop. This is the one that I and alot of other people have had great luck with because you want it to have the CAN switch on it. https://www.amazon.com/OHP-ELMconfig...ics+on+Windows

For instance:
                              When I installed the aftermarket remote start unit above I wanted to have the remote start menu show up in my instrument cluster. This way I can adjust how long I want the engine to run before shutting off if I haven't gotten in it yet. Since the truck didn't come with the remote start option the menu won't show up.
                              So with forscan I go into the BCM (body control module) and look for line
                              726-22-02 There will be boxes with numbers or letters in them like this
                              xxxx xxxx xxxx each of those x's represents a digit, they'll be different in each vehicle but all you need to worry about is the one to be changed.

So, line 726-22-02 xxxx xxx1 xxxx In the middle set of digits change the 4th digit to a 1. This turns on the option of the remote start menu in the cluster. Then save it before exiting.

To turn on bambi mode it would be
                              BCM 726-27-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx

Check out the FORSCAN website and also check out this thread. https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/
                              And here's a great tutorial that a user made.
                              Last edited by AdRock; 02-05-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Nice! I'll have to check some of those out.

Comment

Working...
                                X