Man card for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man card for life

A Colorado runner was attacked Monday by a mountain lion during a trail run in the northern part of the state that resulted in puncture wounds to his face, arms, legs and back and the death of the animal.

Colorado man fights off, kills mountain lion during trail run, suffers serious injuries

A Colorado runner was attacked Monday by a mountain lion during a trail run in the northern part of the state that resulted in puncture wounds to his face, arms, legs and back and the death of the animal.

Rebecca Ferrell, a spokeswoman for Colorado Parks and Wildlife, tells The Coloradoan the man was running alone at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space near Fort Collins when he was attacked from behind.

The runner, whose name has not been released, fought off the cougar-- killing it in the process-- and hiked out of the area and drove himself to a hospital. The Denver Post reported that the runner suffered serious injuries that included facial bite wounds and lacerations to his body. He is expected to recover.

Wildlife officers searching the trail found the juvenile mountain lion's body near several of the runner's possessions. They estimated that the animal weighed about 80 pounds.

“The runner did everything he could to save his life. In the event of a lion attack you need to do anything in your power to fight back just as this gentleman did,” Mark Leslie, Colorado Parks and Wildlife Northeast Region manager, told KKTV.

The last mountain lion attack in Colorado was reported in June 2016 in Pitkin County.

“Mountain lion attacks are not common in Colorado and it is unfortunate that the lion’s hunting instincts were triggered by the runner,” Ty Petersburg, area wildlife manager for CPW, said. “This could have had a very different outcome.”

This was just 30 minutes from me. We actually had a mountain lion come through the neighborhood a few months ago. Coyotes are very common as well. Even more common than I used to see around Denton.

But yea, this guy gets a BAMF wallet and a lifetime pass for any future Man Card violations.

Comment

I have seen adult mountain lions in North Dallas and it's just a matter of time before one of them chews on somebody. I think the only reason it hasn't happened so far is that there is plenty of game for them to go after. The first one I saw was in a client's backyard the better part of 12 to 13 years ago.

Coyotes in North Dallas are almost as common as squirrels now. I've even seen them walking up and down the street in the historical district of Swiss Avenue.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It was a juvenile. My 8 YO could've kicked his ass.

I am curious to hear what he killed it with though. Was he carrying a knife or anything? Did he pick up a stick and gouge out an eye? Strangle the bastard?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          It was a juvenile. My 8 YO could've kicked his ass.

I am curious to hear what he killed it with though. Was he carrying a knife or anything? Did he pick up a stick and gouge out an eye? Strangle the bastard?
          Getting an 8 lb house cat off of you if they want to put a hurting on you is tough. Have you ever had to fight off an 80lb dog? Cats have five mouths, one on their head and one on each foot. He probably strangled it after stunning it with a few punches.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            Getting an 8 lb house cat off of you if they want to put a hurting on you is tough. Have you ever had to fight off an 80lb dog? Cats have five mouths, one on their head and one on each foot. He probably strangled it after stunning it with a few punches.
            I agree. I hate cats. I had to throw the DFWM one-up at it though since you didn't mention having killed a mountain lion and hanging the skin in your living room.

Comment

Not sure about cats but punching a dog right in the fucking nose tends to get their attention.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                I agree. I hate cats. I had to throw the DFWM one-up at it though since you didn't mention having killed a mountain lion and hanging the skin in your living room.
                I have a gator skin in my living room......

I can't even bring myself to kill a bobcat because they are so pretty and I like cats.

Comment

So at 80 lbs, this was a young mountain lion? Can't imaging if it was an adult sized what the outcome would be.

Bad mofo for sure

Comment

Saw this on the Denver news yesterday. Haven't seen any cats so far in Pagosa Springs but have seen a BUNCH of good sized deer just west of town between Bayfield and Pagosa. There is a group of foxes somewhere in the field behind the house we rented that we were told we might see...so far nothing. I wouldn't want to face off against a 20 pound Bobcat....much less an 80lb Cougar...that dude gets a BMF wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                      This was just 30 minutes from me. We actually had a mountain lion come through the neighborhood a few months ago. Coyotes are very common as well. Even more common than I used to see around Denton.

But yea, this guy gets a BAMF wallet and a lifetime pass for any future Man Card violations.
                      And that is why some places give contract to go hunt mountain lions. Over populated.

Comment

A man running on West Ridge Trail at Horsetooth Mountain Park killed an attacking mountain lion by suffocation in self-defense Monday afternoon, according to a release from Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

Suffocated it with his bare hands.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          And that is why some places give contract to go hunt mountain lions. Over populated.
                          Their population self regulates and they are EXTREMELY mobile. Tagged ones in CO have been tracked moving a few hundred miles in a week or less while walking straight through major population centers. I researched them heavily after seeing the first one in Dallas.

Comment

It's legal to open and conceal carry where he was. Wonder if he's a former California, granola eating kind that will repeat his mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                              https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...larimer-county

Suffocated it with his bare hands.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              Hell yes. Give the man his wallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X