Buying a business and risking a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
    I bought a small business years ago after having worked in corporate America for over 30 years. A good friend who had been self employed for years told me, "If you make it 6 months and dont starve to death, you will never work for anyone else ever". He was so right. Good Luck !!!!!
    I bought a small business years ago after having worked in corporate America for over 30 years. A good friend who had been self employed for years told me, "If you make it 6 months and dont starve to death, you will never work for anyone else ever". He was so right. Good Luck !!!!!
    I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

Comment

I couldn't imagine working for anyone at this point. 14 years now. Not always fun, work a lot of hours, Saturdays about half the year. But, rewarding enough to not care.

Comment

We purchased an established(25 year) business around 14 months ago. It has been an experience for sure! We do things way different than previous owners and the first year we chalked up to a big learning curve, really making strides now. I have a regular 8-5 as a geologist and try to manage the business on the side. We have a few employees that handle a lot for us, I just like keeping up with contracts and invoicing myself.

Comment

I imagine you are totally right. This businesses peaks holiday season and we are targeting a closing date at the end of October. I’m pretty much planning on living there until January. If I survive until Spring, next year should be easier.

Luckily we have enough in reserve that we don’t need to make big profits starting out too. I’m not going to worry about that until next year as I have a ton to learn at first.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
            We purchased an established(25 year) business around 14 months ago. It has been an experience for sure! We do things way different than previous owners and the first year we chalked up to a big learning curve, really making strides now. I have a regular 8-5 as a geologist and try to manage the business on the side. We have a few employees that handle a lot for us, I just like keeping up with contracts and invoicing myself.
            The business we are acquiring has been going for 8 years. Geologist huh? I used to work with a large number of geologists until very recently. One of my geologist friends just took a job at a civil engineering firm.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
              Look at this smarty art nigga.

Comment

Working...
              X