Jerry Jones Fires Entire Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    He is a decent DC. Accountability problems though, which is why I don't want him here.

This team is historically bad at fundamental football. They need some hard asses that are going to come in here and whip their asses in to shape. Wade isn't that guy, never has been, never will be.
    Wade didn't do a bad job this year. However he didn't do a great job when you look at our roster. We had games where we looked like a mess on defense.

(See's Cowboys sign John Fassel) FUCK YOU COWBOYS

that's a good hire IMO,
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      Wade didn't do a bad job this year. However he didn't do a great job when you look at our roster. We had games where we looked like a mess on defense.

(See's Cowboys sign John Fassel) FUCK YOU COWBOYS

that's a good hire IMO,
      I meant that he has a hard time holding players accountable. He’s soft. No, he hasn’t done a terrible job for the Rams at all
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

So, did anyone see the press conference? I dare to say I'm looking forward to the upcoming season, for the first time in a long time. We now have a real football coach that has hoisted a Lombardi trophy and made repeated trips to NFC divisional and Championship games, win or lose. Leaps and bounds above Garrett.

I found it interesting when Jerry commented that Mike could hire his own staff, not to say he will, but he can. Makes you wonder if JJ's desire to get another ring has superseded his ego. I guess we'll see. I will say as a fan it is refreshing after many years of mediocrity and disappointment that there is something now to look forward to.

Comment

Starting to stack up nicely
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Do you think the parking for the SB parade is going to free or will it cost $$$ like a game?

Comment

Hes better than what we had and it sounds like hes a straight shooter. Guys will play for him or they can go elsewhere. He is a better pick than any of the college coaches that people wanted.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Hes better than what we had and it sounds like hes a straight shooter. Guys will play for him or they can go elsewhere. He is a better pick than any of the college coaches that people wanted.
                I'm not even close to convinced of that. Matt Rhule and Lincoln Riley are both phenomenal coaches. Both will require an adjustment period, however, and there is no guarantee either will translate to the NFL.

If the talent on this team was in worse shape, like in the middle of a rebuild, don't think for a second Jerry would have made the hire he did. He hired McCarthy because he want to win now. He doesn't have the time to oversee another "project" coach.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  So, did anyone see the press conference? I dare to say I'm looking forward to the upcoming season, for the first time in a long time. We now have a real football coach that has hoisted a Lombardi trophy and made repeated trips to NFC divisional and Championship games, win or lose. Leaps and bounds above Garrett.

I found it interesting when Jerry commented that Mike could hire his own staff, not to say he will, but he can. Makes you wonder if JJ's desire to get another ring has superseded his ego. I guess we'll see. I will say as a fan it is refreshing after many years of mediocrity and disappointment that there is something now to look forward to.
                  Cautiously optimistic. I don't doubt his ability to coach. It's going to be hard to change the culture though, and that's one of the biggest problems with the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Cautiously optimistic. I don't doubt his ability to coach. It's going to be hard to change the culture though, and that's one of the biggest problems with the organization.
                    Looks like there’s been more changes to the coaching staff, hopefully some new faces can shake the players up. Also hopefully Jerry can take a step back and let coaches coach
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      It's going to be hard to change the culture though.
                      Pretty sure it was 105.3 I was listening to on the way to a meeting yesterday. They had a woman on (missed her introduction) and she stated that she saw a screenshot from a player where he told Garrett to "fuck off" because JJ told him he did not have to listen to him.

I'm no Cowboys fan, but that is believable and downright wrong. If there is any validity to it - that sort of stuff has to stop in order for any coach to be successful for the Cowboys.

JJ/any owner can be positive with the players while still supporting the HC's direction. Any disagreements between the owner/GM/HC should be handled in private.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I'm not even close to convinced of that. Matt Rhule and Lincoln Riley are both phenomenal coaches. Both will require an adjustment period, however, and there is no guarantee either will translate to the NFL.

If the talent on this team was in worse shape, like in the middle of a rebuild, don't think for a second Jerry would have made the hire he did. He hired McCarthy because he want to win now. He doesn't have the time to oversee another "project" coach.
                        I didn't say they were not good coaches, but certainly not NFL coaches and thats what I meant with my comment. I'm saying that McCarthy is a better fit to be an NFL coach than an unproven college coach.
                        Imo, all college coaches need to earn their stripes when transitioning to the NFL, just because you are a bad ass in College doesn't automatically mean you are ready for the NFL, there are more failures than successes. Jimmy Johnson/ Chip Kelly are probably the best examples.
                        You're right he did hire McCarthy because he wants to win now, it's not a team that needs rebuilding its a team that needs a proven NFL coach and not an OC with no leadership skills.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Jason Garrett is reportedly now the New York Football Giants new O coordinator. Gold bless him. And the Giants fans will have to become accustomed to all the clapping that will ensue.

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            Jason Garrett is reportedly now the New York Football Giants new O coordinator. Gold bless him. And the Giants fans will have to become accustomed to all the clapping that will ensue.
                            I'm predicting a whole shitload of shotgun draw plays and 3 yard throws to the RB and TE in the Giants future.

Comment

• Hey this will be a huge improvement for the giants!! They will most likely be an 8-8 team now!!
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Dak got the franchise tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X