Local gun smith? 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local gun smith? 1911

Took my 1911 to the range today and it keeps getting stuck back and won’t cycle.. I can bump it forward but it doesn't feel smooth.. I took it apart and cleaned and put the slide back on without the barrel and spring and it doesn’t feel smooth at all.. I can’t visibly see anything that affects the slide though

Any recommendations? I’m near Frisco
    "PSH!!!"

Celina Gun Shop. Call up there, ask for Dave, and tell him what's up. 972-382-8340

Frisco Gun Club has a smith too I think, but this little shop in Celina is pretty cool and good peeps. Is that a Springfield?

Comment

If you don’t want to wait in a long que, bring it by here and I bet we can make it run great. 1911s have always been my favorite pistol.

Comment

Just curious but did you ever get this sorted out?

Comment

If he is still there, Tony at the Winchester Gallery in Fort Worth knows his stuff on 1911s

Comment

Can you post a video of what it's doing?
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

If the middle spring of sear spring is under the disconnector instead of on top of it, it would cause this issue.

Comment

Also if I remove the barrel and guide rod/spring it still gets hard to move in the back position to help weed out the other possibilities
                Last edited by Stephen; 09-19-2020, 03:32 PM.
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

hmmm, yeah man, I'd say start with a full tear down, clean, and make sure to get the sear spring put in correctly as homealone stated. If it's still screwing up, you can bring it over to my house and I can look closer at it.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    hmmm, yeah man, I'd say start with a full tear down, clean, and make sure to get the sear spring put in correctly as homealone stated. If it's still screwing up, you can bring it over to my house and I can look closer at it.
                    Crazy shit, after I made that video and disassembled it, I but it back together again and just kept fucking with it in the stuck spot and noticed it kept getting better and better.. after about another 100 slide racks it’s functioning normal again.. I’ve had it about 8 years and got it new and it’s only seen maybe 100 rounds..
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      If you don’t want to wait in a long que, bring it by here and I bet we can make it run great. 1911s have always been my favorite pistol.
                      Is that the business you bought?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        Crazy shit, after I made that video and disassembled it, I but it back together again and just kept fucking with it in the stuck spot and noticed it kept getting better and better.. after about another 100 slide racks it’s functioning normal again.. I’ve had it about 8 years and got it new and it’s only seen maybe 100 rounds..
                        Did you ever lubricate it? Sometimes if you buy new and never shoot it it can gum up, the factory shit they put in it. Supposed to lubricate it right after you buy it.

Comment

Yes it had been to the range twice and oiled with Remington oil both times
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Strange indeed

Stevo

Comment

I considered gunsmithing at one time. I have a lot of tools necessary and I love 1911s. I picked up a new Delta Elite today as an early B-day present since it was in stock and they are hard to find. Making 1911s run isn't too hard. Most people won't believe it, but my well tuned Rock Island 1911 is an absolute dream to shoot. I have more expensive and fancier guns, but it drills holes on targets. All my guns shoot better than I do, but the RIA is exceptional. If I need to do a dot drill it is my go to 45 or my Sig P226 in 9mm. I was hitting some dots pretty well with the Delta Elite today too, but it took a while for me to warm up to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X