Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What telemarketing call/text irritates you the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What telemarketing call/text irritates you the most?

The warranty one is annoying but people calling and texting all the time to buy my house fucking pisses me off for some reason.. to the point to where I’m rude
    "PSH!!!"

I almost never answer my phone and it's always on vibrate. I use the screening tool also (android), and it gives a transcript of what they say. So later when I review missed calls, if I see it's spam, I just block it.

And yeah, you mention warranty calls, I have been getting a surge of them lately!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I almost never answer my phone and it's always on vibrate. I use the screening tool also (android), and it gives a transcript of what they say. So later when I review missed calls, if I see it's spam, I just block it.

And yeah, you mention warranty calls, I have been getting a surge of them lately!
      Pretty much what I do and it works great. I've caught messages from important calls in real time. Like from Baylor for a doctors appointment and what not and answer without skipping a beat. I no longer answer the phone immediately if I don't recognize the number. Granted it's bit me in the ass a couple of times with work mostly because I missed the call all together.

Comment

I revel in them. If its a robo call I do everything I can to get to a real person and then try to keep them on the phone till they get frustrated and hang up on me. I take joy in the little things.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          I revel in them. If its a robo call I do everything I can to get to a real person and then try to keep them on the phone till they get frustrated and hang up on me. I take joy in the little things.
          Eh. I don't have that sort of time or patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Eh. I don't have that sort of time or patience.
            I do, I can do my job while keeping them from doing theirs.

Comment

Car warranty scam calls are the bane of my existence. I have to answer my cell phone for work.

I've done many operations to mess with them, including giving them a fake name, which has worked out great. When they ask for "Homer" I know who I'm dealing with.

Now that I mostly work from home, I keep an air horn on my desk. They don't seem to like that very much.

Comment

when i am feeling saucy i try to trick them into discreet, innuendo phone sex. especially the warranty people when you get a live person. they try to stay on task and you just say really obvious innuendos, and then go full 900 number telling them their voice makes my ass so wet and my pants are getting so tight. it never really goes anywhere to be honest. i usually hang up because it feels like they are not into it.

my luck my wife will come in and i will end up in a van down by the river.

Comment

The only ones I get are for health insurance, yet we have great coverage that's paid for. Thank God for caller ID, and being back in CA helps, because all 972 era code numbers are all but guaranteed to be spoofed from my cell number.

Comment

I can't honestly remember how many times I've gotten called by the FBI and IRS telling me the cops are coming to get me. I get the auto warranty call daily on my company cell phone and just hang up.

Comment

I use the App called Hiya. It identifies most spam. I usually also ignore most calls if I don’t recognize them. If they leave a message and I know them I’ll call back.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        I use the App called Hiya. It identifies most spam. I usually also ignore most calls if I don’t recognize them. If they leave a message and I know them I’ll call back.
                        Hiya is great

Comment

How about the fact that there's 5 missed calls from there per day? And no real way to block them and keep them from appearing on the missed calls list.

I'm thinking about changing my standard response from "I don't give that out" to "Fuck you" when asked for my number from some store/business. I know one of those shits either got hacked or sold my number. Either way it's their fault. Having shit security is no excuse.
                          WH

Comment

I once got a bill collector (for the children's mother) to meet me once.
                            I convinced him to quit that job, got him another job and that
                            B.S. stopped!

I love the call block button!

Comment

I get spam texts for Lucy constantly. If I google my phone number it goes to an address in Forest Hill, I've figured out who she is and where she lives but no idea how or why my number is tied to their address.

So as far as the internet is concerned I'm a 68 year old black woman that lives in the hood.

Now I did sell a motorcycle for cash probably 15 years ago and it ended up at a house in Forest Hill because someone was trying to get a bonded title for it. It was pretty much worthless so I threw the notification in the trash, I have a feeling it might be tied to that deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X