Can anyone recommend a good DWI lawyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
    Got hit by another car after I had been drinking. Went to the hospital and did a blood test. Spent the night in Plano city jail and was sent to Collin county in the morning. Spent all day in the holding tank and got a county cell that night. Got myself out the following day since I couldn't remember any phone numbers. County sucked balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I think he would know, trust me.
      I'm well aware of his pedigree. He's a good cop and a decent guy.
      I happen to know better on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
        He's a good cop and a decent guy.
        Unpossible, no such thing exists.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          If you are not at fault in a accident then I don't believe you can be charged with a DWI.
          Hmmm. Thats interesting. I wonder if we were both considered at fault.

Comment

Hmmm. Thats interesting. I wonder if we were both considered at fault.
            Have you not gone online and downloaded your accident report ?

Post up buttercup...let's see how you did

Comment

I'm well aware of his pedigree. He's a good cop and a decent guy.
              I happen to know better on this one...
              I just confirmed what I heard with two of the other guys. This was in a recent leaders update class.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                If you are not at fault in a accident then I don't believe you can be charged with a DWI.
                my buddy got a dwi last summer in a no fault accident.

Comment

I'm not going to pretend I know the law. I just need to get a lawyer so that I could move forward.

Comment

I'm not going to pretend I know the law. I just need to get a lawyer so that I could move forward.
                    The law is easy...

Sec. 49.04. DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person is intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle in a public place.
                    (b) Except as provided by Subsections (c) and (d) and Section 49.09, an offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, with a minimum term of confinement of 72 hours.
                    (c) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that at the time of the offense the person operating the motor vehicle had an open container of alcohol in the person's immediate possession, the offense is a Class B misdemeanor, with a minimum term of confinement of six days.
                    (d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that an analysis of a specimen of the person's blood, breath, or urine showed an alcohol concentration level of 0.15 or more at the time the analysis was performed, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor.

Intoxicated means either you had an .08 BAC or you had lost the normal use of your mental or physical faculties due to the introduction of alcohol or other substance.
                    Last edited by dcs13; 09-09-2014, 07:39 PM. Reason: added

Comment

I couldn't find anything for a defense to the prosecution or anything like that so your results may vary. I was given the reasoning as you had to prove impairment was the reason for the accident. IE: Fail to control speed, right of way, failed to stop etc. What act did you commit if you were not at fault.

I will tell you this. Working in two different counties is very eye opening. You get use to doing things one way and then you go somewhere else and it is totally different. There are things that are bigger deals than others. Like we have discussed before in letter of the law and spirit of the law. Different counties, different priorities.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Intoxicated means either you had an .08 BAC or you had lost the normal use of your mental or physical faculties due to the introduction of alcohol or other substance.

This has always worried me. In theory, if I was wired on enough coffee to kill a horse, could I get charged? What about melatonin or some shit?
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          This has always worried me. In theory, if I was wired on enough coffee to kill a horse, could I get charged? What about melatonin or some shit?
                          The big book of boo boos goes in to much greater detail then he listed about prescribed medications and illegal substances. I was reading the public intoxication statute the other day and it talks about a doctors note for alcohol and assorted other stuff. The DWI statute specifically stated no dice on the doctors note though for any DWI offense.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

You'll have to wait years before DPS gets done with your blood.

Comment

Mimi Coffey hands down is the best in DFW. I personally know Mimi.
                              Hands down you won't find anyone else that has the passion and knowledge that she does. If you want to get off you get her period...

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
                                If you want to get off you get her period...
                                Kinky broad.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X