Big tool companies and repossession.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
    I just sent this thread to Snap on, figured they could give you a better answer to your question.
    Thanks....

Comment

Just don't drive it through Alvarado

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
        I'm trying not to be paranoid about it but after the fact hearing about this potential issue and thinking back about it, the signs are there.
        Yeah, I'm curious too as to the REAL answer - googled and neither MATCO or Snapon give any real information that I can find in regards to this issue.

Ultimately, it's one of those deals where I think you can sleep well/guilt free on the deal. It's between the dealer and the buyer on money owed. Nuke the serial, call it good.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Yeah, I'm curious too as to the REAL answer - googled and neither MATCO or Snapon give any real information that I can find in regards to this issue.

Ultimately, it's one of those deals where I think you can sleep well/guilt free on the deal. It's between the dealer and the buyer on money owed. Nuke the serial, call it good.
          I actually called and got a straight answer without implicating myself.

The answer is yes 100% if it is financed through snapon they own the box as collateral until it's paid off. It is not an unsecured line of credit. Same with all tools etc.. everything financed is logged to the person doing the financing and any and all serials to everything are recorded.

Time to scrub the box of the serials and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

When they do repo your box they also take everything in it, and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

Sucks seeing a new tech get taken. Guy at my current job im willing to bet will get repod before it does i hope its semi close payoff and ill scoop it up, and sell the tools and pay for the box.

Comment

The limited amount of snap-on sockets and wrenches I have are a cut above all my other tools. They just fit perfectly on nuts/bolts. Need to find a way to get more of them for cheaper.
              WH

Comment

General service sets, ebay. Flank drive wrenches esp. Or when you can get buy one get one off the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  The limited amount of snap-on sockets and wrenches I have are a cut above all my other tools. They just fit perfectly on nuts/bolts. Need to find a way to get more of them for cheaper.
                  That is highly dependent on your bolts as well....

I've seen M10 bolts out of China take 2 different wrench sizes.

I use tools a lot, and I've never seen a need to go above harbor freight or big box retailer grade on hand tools. The only instance I can see that warrants going with the premium brands is a mechanic that uses them repeatedly everyday.

Then again if you're getting a he'll of a deal second hand it's a lot different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

I use tools a lot, and I've never seen a need to go above harbor freight or big box retailer grade on hand tools. The only instance I can see that warrants going with the premium brands is a mechanic that uses them repeatedly everyday.

Then again if you're getting a he'll of a deal second hand it's a lot different.
                    I used to be the mechanic that used tools multiple times daily and I have only broken a handful of Craftsman/Kobalt/Husky tools. I lose them more frequently than I break them.

Snap on is completely overrated and over priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Harbor freight is trash. Good for one use and dispose of. The only thing that I ever bought from them worth a flip was my electric impact shockingly enough. I only bought it to try one and see if I liked it. Bastard won't die. Their electrical connectors suck, impacts sockets break, tape is crap. Hell even their zip ties are terrible.

I bough a right angle drill two weeks ago. Threw away my receipt since I figured it would work for the two holes I needed. Tried to use it two days later and it stripped out on the first hole. Took it back and bitch said no receipt no dice. I mean why the hell did they ask for my phone number? I know better but thought two holes is all I need.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      I used to be the mechanic that used tools multiple times daily and I have only broken a handful of Craftsman/Kobalt/Husky tools. I lose them more frequently than I break them.

Snap on is completely overrated and over priced.
                      Yep I have very rarely broke anything from Craftsman and it was always free replacements no questions. Surprisingly Husky tools are fairly well built also I have noticed. Snap on is crazy money but they do make some nice stuff.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Harbor freight is trash. Good for one use and dispose of. The only thing that I ever bought from them worth a flip was my electric impact shockingly enough. I only bought it to try one and see if I liked it. Bastard won't die. Their electrical connectors suck, impacts sockets break, tape is crap. Hell even their zip ties are terrible.

I bough a right angle drill two weeks ago. Threw away my receipt since I figured it would work for the two holes I needed. Tried to use it two days later and it stripped out on the first hole. Took it back and bitch said no receipt no dice. I mean why the hell did they ask for my phone number? I know better but thought two holes is all I need.

Yep I have very rarely broke anything from Craftsman and it was always free replacements no questions. Surprisingly Husky tools are fairly well built also I have noticed. Snap on is crazy money but they do make some nice stuff.
                        Are you using every tool they have as a hammer? You're spot on about the zip ties though...and I don't buy anything from HF without reading the reviews first. That's always done me good and I've only had 1 purchase suck (wood clamps that I didn't check reviews on).

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          The only item I have from them at present is a 1/2" breakover bar...so far so good.

Comment

Never used snap on stuff but when it comes to boxes I really think it's all gimmicks and "status"

Comment

I have some harbor freight stuff including their tile saw, air compressor, brad nailer, etc. They are all solid. The tile saw has been through 10+ bath remodels and 3 kitchen remodels.

Comment

Snapon tools sounds worse than Lars Ulrich and MP3

Comment

Working...
                                X