X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a couple more.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Henry only has 1 ball! O_o

Comment

• Here's my new daily wear

Yes, it's fake, you honkies spend way too much on a time piece

Comment

• Damn, big pimp!

Thats very niiice...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Looking at a Breitling fake...any suggestions on a place to buy one?
            Canal St. NY, NY.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Bought a few NATO straps for one of my EcoDrives. Does that count?
            EchoDrives are awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              EchoDrives are awesome.
              Tanya got me another Citizen not long ago to add to my collection. It's a Grand Classic, and I keep telling myself that all the winding is part of the "classic" experience, like the ride quality of a '66 Mustang. heh

Comment

• I'm a wenger Swiss army guy, sometimes victorinox, and I have a 24 HR lum tec with NATO bands I like. I want a marathon mil spec watch. I may get another lum tec too. Lots of watch guys ask about it.

Comment

• Anybody ever seen one of these? My stepdaughter found one on the playground and it looks nice.

Comment

• Reminds me of Invicta, a relatively cheap watch, trying way too hard to appear more expensive. They've got a nice website, but reviews aren't great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Reminds me of Invicta, a relatively cheap watch, trying way too hard to appear more expensive. They've got a nice website, but reviews aren't great.

http://gevrilgroup.com/gv2-watches/
                      Yep, that finish look cheap as hell. The real mark of a fine watch vs just another watch is the finish and attention to detail. Hold them in your hand and you can easily tell the difference.
                      1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                      TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                      Work In Progress

Comment

• This may be a dumb question, but how long does a wind on manual watches last?

Just curious because I was given two of my grandad's watches by my dad for christmas 2016(along with several of his wristwatches from the 70s -90s) and just got around to getting a key for them.

I wound them on Wednesday and tonight I see they had both stopped(not sure if it was this AM or PM) That seems kinda short to me, but I am clueless about these.

Comment

• $1,000,000

More info here about the band, gold, etc: https://newatlas.com/vacheron-consta...ication/52132/
                          But who cares about that. Look at the engineering in this thing.

The Les Cabinotiers Celestia Astronomical Grand Complication 3600 tells time in not one or two, but three ways. First, civil time is told in the traditional manner on the front dial using a pair of white gold open-tipped hands. Civil time is the time shown on conventional watches, which is the ideal 24 hour day in a 365 day year.

The second readout is for solar time, or the actual time it takes for the sun to make a single revolution through the sky. This varies from day to day by +14 to -16 minutes depending on the time of year because the Earth's orbit is an ellipse, not a circle. Solar and civil time only coincide four times a year at the solstices and the equinoxes. It's read by the sun hand that precedes or follows the civil minute hand. This also displays true solar noon and the equinoxes and solstices, as well as the running equation of time, which is by how many minutes civil and solar time diverge.

The final time readout is of sidereal time, which is based on the day as marked by a single revolution of the stars. This is an actual rotation of the Earth, which is 23 hours, 56 minutes, and four seconds of civil time. This is due to the movement of the sun in the sky each day as the Earth revolves around it accounts for the difference. This and the solar time are calculated by a separate Tropical drive train.

The sidereal time is displayed on the reverse of the watch using two superimposed sapphire discs. The lower disc carries the celestial dome, the celestial time minute-track and the four cardinal points of the compass. The upper disc is etched with the constellations of the Northern Hemisphere, a red circle representing the ecliptic, and a white circle for the equator. This dial also displays zodiacal signs and the seasons and is ringed by an anthracite inner bezel ring that shows the months of the year, as well as the gauge-type power reserve indicator. In addition, at six o'clock is a glimpse of the tourbillon.

Back on the front, there is a perpetual calendar that needs no correction for 400 years and displays the day of the week, the month and the leap-year cycle through windows and the date using a serpentine hand. There's also a discreet day/night indicator and a precision moon phase indicator with a laser-engraved true image of the full moon that shows the phases of the moon and progression of the lunar month and will only be off by one day every 122 years. Nearby is the sunrise and sunset time that also shows the day and night length using two graduated scales and a special gauge at six o'clock.

Comment

• Am amazing piece of engineering. Don't have, nor will I ever have, the means to own such a thing, but if I were a Billionaire, then yes, yes I would.

Thanks for posting.
                            1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                            TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                            Work In Progress

Comment

• As an aside to this thread, I’ve had my stainless Submariner over 4 years. We’re on vacation to Mexico and today marks the very first day since I haven’t worn it.

I don’t believe in getting a watch you won’t use.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                This may be a dumb question, but how long does a wind on manual watches last?

Just curious because I was given two of my grandad's watches by my dad for christmas 2016(along with several of his wristwatches from the 70s -90s) and just got around to getting a key for them.

I wound them on Wednesday and tonight I see they had both stopped(not sure if it was this AM or PM) That seems kinda short to me, but I am clueless about these.
                                I think 30-40 hours is normal for manual wind watches depending on brand.

For comparison my Cartier is auto and lasts about two days when not worn. This is my daily wear so it’s rare to ever have it stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X