Restaurant recommendations for San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant recommendations for San Francisco

Going this month and would like some recs for a nice, romantic restaurant in SF.

Go!
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Arby's is nice. Seriously though, I hope you guys have a blast.

Comment

What cuisine?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Lean.
        Or if it's really pricey, lien.

Comment

Waterbar (light show on bridge after is cool too)
          Fino @ Andrews Hotel
          SPQR
          Nopalito (mexican food)
          State Bird (the quail is good)

Comment

Here goes - not exactly sure what "romantic" entails, but I'm taking it as fancier, non-everday type places. Not sure how long you'll be in the city, so here goes our favorites.

Romantic/Upscale:

Gary Danko - American Cuisine
            Michael Mina - American/Californian
            Ozuma - Sushi
            Flour & Water - Italian
            Slanted Door - Vietnamese

Our list of best "everyday" type restaurants:

Sushi Bistro - sushi in Inner Richmond
            Burma Superstar - Burmese in Inner Richmond. Phenomenal and you won't find this food anywhere else.
            Sotto Mare - Italian Seafood in little Italy/north beach (Renowned for cioppino - best dish in SF)
            Za or Paxtis - Best pizza. Paxtis has a couple locations and is deep dish style but has a "thin" crust option that's amazing. Za is regular style crust in Russian Hill and best pizza I've ever eaten.

Don't eat a meal on the wharf. It's a tourist trap - the really good restaurants are a couple blocks south in little Italy/north beach. The great thing about SF is that there are very few chains. There are only 2 McDonalds in the entire city.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

If the fog isn't heavy, Twin Peaks (the hill not the breastaurant) is a must do. The large antenna to the south west side of the city is called Sutro Tower. The hill it's on is called Twin Peaks. If you can see Sutro Tower clearly, head up there, it's amazing. 1000 feet above the city with 360 degree views of the whole city, Golden Gate, Marin Headlands, Pacific Ocean. Always a favorite of our friends who visited and doesn't get much attention.

Comment

Chez Panisse, if you can swing it.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Chez Panisse, if you can swing it.
                  French Laundry in Napa if you can swing it ... lunch only though.

Comment

I hear the tube steak is amazing in san fran.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Burma Superstar - Burmese in Inner Richmond. Phenomenal and you won't find this food anywhere else.
                      I concur.

Comment

I had pretty good sausage in San Fran. rosamunde sausage grill
                        Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                          I had pretty good sausage in San Fran.
                          If I ever had the urge to put a quote in my sig...

Comment

For dinner if you like seafood, Alioto's on the warf is great and the view is excellent in the evening if there's no fog.

For breakfast The Buena Vista is awesome, it at the end of the trolley line by Ghiradelli Square. The crabcakes bennidict was excellent and the Irish Coffee is the best I've ever had. Get there at least 15 minutes before they open (9 I think) in order to not have to wait.

Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              If I ever had the urge to put a quote in my sig...
                              Will that that make me dfwmustangs famous? And I blame Elvis, he recommended it.
                              Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                              X