Vintage Mercedes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Mercedes ?

Buddy at work wants an older Mercedes 2 door. He hit me up because im a car guy. I dont know jack about these cars. I thought the hot ticket was putting a SBC in these things. anyone know these cars ? Saw this one on eBay, looks nice..

Any kind of motor swap would involve an LS motor.

Comment

No need to do an engine swap unless you was to haul ass in it. All of the from back in the day are as solid as a car can be built.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Good Christ those bumpers are horrendous.

Comment

107 chassis cars are very different desirable and I have no clue why. The most valuable is the red 89 560 Sl. Stay away from the SL 360 with a single roller timing chain. Be prepared to spend a ton of money on parts, every vacuum hose and PCV hose with be brittle but once all its age related problems are fixed they are fairly solid cars. They ride really nice with new shocks and good tires. I suggest just saving up and dropping the money on a super clean one off the bat. Will be cheaper in the long run.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            107 chassis cars are very different desirable and I have no clue why. The most valuable is the red 89 560 Sl. Stay away from the SL 360 with a single roller timing chain. Be prepared to spend a ton of money on parts, every vacuum hose and PCV hose with be brittle but once all its age related problems are fixed they are fairly solid cars. They ride really nice with new shocks and good tires. I suggest just saving up and dropping the money on a super clean one off the bat. Will be cheaper in the long run.
            What are they worth? I know of a cherry one that I could have for free but I couldn't sell it until the lady who has it passes away.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              What are they worth? I know of a cherry one that I could have for free but I couldn't sell it until the lady who has it passes away.
              Not crazy money but definitely more than they should be. I've seen truly cherry ones sell for 50k.
              Originally posted by Marisa
              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Thanks guys. I told him if he finds one he likes, take it to a Mercedes Mechanic to have it picked apart. I dont know enough. I'd say buy one with a bad motor and drop an LS in it..

Comment

I want a mid 80s diesel Mercedes and a turban.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    I want a mid 80s diesel Mercedes and a turban.

I got an 85 300SD a few years ago to pull the engine for a swap into Defender 90. I drove the Benz for a few month just so I could see what they were like and it is not really a car that I would want.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Good Christ those bumpers are horrendous.
                      Yeah if for some reason I just loved those cars, I'd hack those bumpers to death and make it look more like an actual car and less like some kind of specialty vehicle made for the railroad or the severely handicapped.
                      WH

Comment

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So it did not sell, now it is listed for 1K more???

Comment

We had one of the Dukes of Hazzard‘s police cars that belonged to Roscoe in our show room and unfortunately someone in their infinite wisdom decided to sell it. So this little gym took its place. Really cool car!
                            Discover topics like 1956 mercedesbenz 190, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like dmullins1259.

David

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              There we go.

2 door luxury cars though... can't figure out if I'd love it or just regret not having a 4 door.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X