Never judge a book by its cover...Andy Ruiz Jr edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never judge a book by its cover...Andy Ruiz Jr edition

Not sure if anyone else caught the Joshua Vs Ruiz fight this weekend but it was awesome and an excellent example of underestimating someone because of their appearance. Ruiz didnt just win...he put a beating on the body builder that is AJ.

Pic for reference...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard them saying biggest heavyweight upset since Tyson/Buster Douglas and the guy looks like any one of the potbelly homies holding down the block in east dallas/pleasent grove

He was a massive upset going in and now as the champ vegas still has him as the underdog for the rematch

Here's the vid:

Comment

I’m sure he hits like a truck, but there wasn’t much in the way of technique there. I don’t want to take anything away from the guy, but I get the feeling there’s an Italian-American dude that’s about to buy his own island.

Comment

Lol what? He had some pretty solid technique for an overweight heavyweight against who was supposed to be the #1 HW in the division.

If you listen to his corner...hes actually executing exactly as they told him to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Lol what? He had some pretty solid technique for an overweight heavyweight against who was supposed to be the #1 HW in the division.

If you listen to his corner...hes actually executing exactly as they told him to.
            I do believe he’s suggesting the fight was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I do believe he’s suggesting the fight was fixed.
              Oh I know what hes suggesting...I'm just saying there was undoubtedly some technique there.

Comment

Well, maybe you saw something there that I didn’t. I admit I wasn’t paying much attention to his corner, but maybe “stumble forward and toss haymakers” was part of the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Well, maybe you saw something there that I didn’t. I admit I wasn’t paying much attention to his corner, but maybe “stumble forward and toss haymakers” was part of the scheme.
                  Get on the inside and counter while stalking him and cutting off the ring was part of the scheme. Joshua kept trying to tie him up so it wasnt going to look pretty...but it was a lot more planned than throwing haymakers. Ruiz is much more experienced than anyone is giving him credit for.

Joshua certainly didn't show any technique after the round 3 KD.

Comment

One guy spent most of his life in a gym, the other guy has probably been fighting everyone since he could crawl.

Comment

Working...
                    X