Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for a '03/'04 Cobra to take down a stock ZR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave,

I'm just messing around too.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stig View Post
      Dave,

I'm just messing around too.

morral of the story...

Steve is still taking his frustration out on everyone that Monsta Drug him
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        What do ZR1's run? Low 11's? What would put a termy in that category? At high speeds, I'm not sure how much aerodynamics would play a part, but I'm sure it would be quite a bit. Vettes got the upper-hand there, too, but I'm sure all of that has been covered.
        Zr1's are easy mid 10 cars. A stock Z06 can run a high 10 with a good driver.

Heatsoak is the enemy with Termy's. I tried to get a race with a cam'd Z the other day, he wouldn't bite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Zr1's are easy mid 10 cars. A stock Z06 can run a high 10 with a good driver.

Heatsoak is the enemy with Termy's. I tried to get a race with a cam'd Z the other day, he wouldn't bite.
          vettes are slow.. thats why he wouldnt race you.
          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by White_lightning View Post

morral of the story...

Steve is still taking his frustration out on everyone that Monsta Drug him
            Monsta didn't drag me -

He put a fucking area code on me!

Comment

vettes are slow.. thats why he wouldnt race you.
              Nah, he didn't want to waste his gas on stock 98 Cobra. I can dream of beating one though.

Comment

local ls2 car making 530 went 10.2 @ 132 on motor with a stick...
                Impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                  Impressive.
                  yup.. heads/cam stock bottom end car..
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

I hear a certain Flying Banana is going to be coming back soon for some fun grudge racing. He's beaten both Strokd and The Jew Unit.
                    Sweet will be good to see his car back out.

Comment

• Originally posted by xstang View Post
                      I'm sure and you would probably beat me.. I have no clue.. I'm not looking for cars to race. I'm not claiming to be fast either. Since I have a family, I barely go to GTG's these days.

My car should be in the low 10s high 9s on motor... If you can beat that you have me (if we both aren't spraying). My goal is to be the fastest NA c6 on the CF list in the 1/4 mile... Not sure if I'll ever get there! Just a goal...
                      Ud blow my doors off if u run 9s on motor unless that's a hard launch 9 amd not a hp 9. monsta runs almost 9s on motor but id walk his ass from anything other than a dead stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                        Ud blow my doors off if u run 9s on motor unless that's a hard launch 9 amd not a hp 9. monsta runs almost 9s on motor but id walk his ass from anything other than a dead stop.
                        I'm just bench racing because my car is at Cartek in NJ having the work done. I know it will be deep into the 10s, but I don't know how far. Cartek seems to think 9s are possible, so who knows...

If I sprayed my car, I could probably hang with some of you FI guys on the highway. That wasn't my goal when I started my build though.
                        Last edited by xstang; 04-13-2011, 05:53 AM.
                        Slow C6..

Few bolt-ons...

Comment

• Originally posted by xstang View Post
                          I'm just bench racing because my car is at Cartek in NJ having the work done. I know it will be deep into the 10s, but I don't know how far. Cartek seems to think 9s are possible, so who knows...

If I sprayed my car, I could probably hang with some of you FI guys on the highway. That wasn't my goal when I started my build though.
                          Mine's just a lil toy I drive once a month... Its not crazy fast but its faster than my stang was which isn't too bad...

The stang is about to get finished up. So I prob won't be beating on the slow ass vette when its done. No reason to abuse it if its slower than the hot rod.

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                            Mine's just a lil toy I drive once a month... Its not crazy fast but its faster than my stang was which isn't too bad...

The stang is about to get finished up. So I prob won't be beating on the slow ass vette when its done. No reason to abuse it if its slower than the hot rod.
                            Is Strokd finally going back together?! Good to hear. Why are you only driving the Vette once a month?

Comment

Is Strokd finally going back together?! Good to hear. Why are you only driving the Vette once a month?
                              Cos his vette is a 8mpg race car
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Cos his vette is a 8mpg race car
                                If he kept his foot out of the injectors more often it wouldn't be so bad. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X