New Toolbox suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toolbox suggestions.

The old "Taskforce" toolbox that I was gifted many years ago has served it's purpose, and now it's time to upgrade to something newer/nicer, and less dented.

Craftsman seems to be the easy, but expensive answer, but what about Cobalt and some of the other "off" brands? The one I am replacing is a cheapie, and the quality is lacking, but I also don't want to over-spend for a name.

What do you have, and where did you get it?

I bought a large craftsman tool box earlier this year. The Internet price was 50% off. The bottom box looked good but the top box had a large dent in it. Long story short it took almost 3 months to get a complete box and had to pay full price for the replacement box then return rhe damaged box. I will not by another box from sears.

Comment

Have had good luck with most brands. Have owned 2 Craftsman (Still have one at home), 2 Snapons, and still own my Macsmizer.

I can see a difference in quality from Craftsman to the Pro tool stuff (snapon, Mac, etc nicer boxes-not the entry level ones), and the price gets silly different too.
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Some killer deals on boxes on craigslist.

I don't do this for a living. I bought this one from Harbor Freight and have been very happy. You don't wanna bet it to heck, but its better built than my old craftsman. Price was decent. I will buy another one in the future.

Comment

Harbor freight was having a huge sale this past weekend, saw a whole bunch of ppl buying and loading the big tool boxes like that, I'm not sure what they paid for them tho

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

They have a big sale every fucking weekend
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Buy a snap on or Matco off of Craigslist.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

I'd also recommend checking out Costco or Samsclub. In store offerings are different than online. I was recently in a Sams and they had some nice boxes at a fair price. Last I was in Costco (6 months) they also had a couple really good looking boxes.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I would buy Snap ON / Cornwell / Blue Point / Matco / Waterloo used off Craigslist.

I would stay away from cheap boxes.. just not worth it.

Comment

I've heard good things about the Harbor Freight, larger boxes (mostly on here).

I have a 2 box set from Home Depot (Husky) that I have been pretty happy with. They were between about $200 - $300 on sale when I got it a few years ago.

Looks like they have changed a little, but mine is basically the same as this:

And they are separate tops and bottoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

And they are separate tops and bottoms.
                      I have the same set up as Craig, but got the top and bottom for $150 on sale. It's been fine. I wish they were a little deeper for more stability, but it isn't a big deal. For the price I paid, I can't complain.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

From what I've seen the upper end boxes from Harbor Freight are pretty damn nice. I've got a small cart style one and don't have any complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I have the same set up as Craig, but got the top and bottom for $150 on sale. It's been fine. I wish they were a little deeper for more stability, but it isn't a big deal. For the price I paid, I can't complain.
                          Yeah, thinking about it more, I think I paid right about $200 for it on sale. I remember I had $150 via several HD gift cards I had accumulated, and only paid about $50 out of pocket, out the door.

I agree it can feel a little top heavy at times, so I don't keep anything very heavy in the upper box.. I really intended to put the smaller box on my bench, but have too much shit on there. lol

I am actually starting to run out of space in the box, and may pick up this to put on top of the lower box, then go ahead and move the top box to my bench:

Comment

Working...
                          X