GT500 or GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    This thread got me curious and looking at auto trader. Do y'all think a 2016 GT350 (non R) with 5500 miles is worth $46K?
    It's in the zone, there is one on cars.com with 3K for $47k. All depends if you think it's worth that.

Comment

My vote is for GT-500. Don't put too many miles on it. Then when you sell it you'll get a good chunk of your money back. Unlike with the GT. It'll just depreciate for 40 years first.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
        I can say that this combo works nicely.
        I can say I agree

Comment

Decided to go GT500. I saw a bunch of 18-19 mustangs this weekend and I want something a little more unique. I’m actually leaning towards a 13-14 GT 500 since I don’t plan on doing anything to it.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
            Decided to go GT500. I saw a bunch of 18-19 mustangs this weekend and I want something a little more unique. I’m actually leaning towards a 13-14 GT 500 since I don’t plan on doing anything to it.
            That’s what everyone says until they buy a tuner and a pulley
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I'd love to have a 13-14 GT500 or older GT500KR or Super Snake. I like the idea of the Shelbys because I would be keeping the mods and the miles low. I have enough highly modified shit already.

If I was buying something to beat the shit out of, it would be a new GT with 10 speed and a blower. I'd call Joe Myers Ford in Houston or Five Star in Plano.

I think those are really the questions you have to answer here. Are you going to mod it and drive the piss out of it? Or keep it in a state where value is preserved? Answering those questions changes my answer.

My next car will be a low mileage lightly modified 87 Buick Grand National and I won't be driving it too much.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Good call, there are a lot of them out there.

That 500 is a great year to throw a off-road x pipe, pulley, tune, and make 700 at tires without sacrificing reliability. Also, it's got a much tougher manual than a 18-19.

Comment

Going to check out a grabber blue and black 2013 tomorrow.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    It's in the zone, there is one on cars.com with 3K for $47k. All depends if you think it's worth that.

Absolutely.. I've been wanting for another sports car but I'll probably not do anything this year. I'll keep myself busy with modding the Jeep for a while.

Comment

Picking up my ‘12 GT500 on Friday. 19k miles. Very tastefully modded. Nice car for sure
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Picking up my ‘12 GT500 on Friday. 19k miles. Very tastefully modded. Nice car for sure
                        Well post up the details so I can live vicariously.

I'm due for a new toy. House remodel, barn building, and life though. And not knowing what I want.

Comment

Abort and get a 13/14
                          Originally posted by Buzzo
                          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                            Abort and get a 13/14
                            For the money I saved I can throw a vmp blower on it and make more power. The ‘13 and ‘14 cars weren’t as well optioned and had more miles.

The ‘12 has a bunch of supporting mods - fully done suspension/control arms, AFCO heat exchanger, Lund N gauge. It has the glass roof and is in pristine condition. One owner. With a pulley and tune it should make upper 500’s to the wheels. Pretty good for less $$ than the 13, 14
                            2012 GT500

Comment

For the money I saved I can throw a vmp blower on it and make more power. The ‘13 and ‘14 cars weren’t as well optioned and had more miles.

The ‘12 has a bunch of supporting mods - fully done suspension/control arms, AFCO heat exchanger, Lund N gauge. It has the glass roof and is in pristine condition. One owner. With a pulley and tune it should make upper 500’s to the wheels. Pretty good for less $$ than the 13, 14
                              I had a Lund tune in my 2009 GT500 and with that and bolt ons I was making 600 to the wheels. This was on a very safe tune as well.

David

Comment

C7z. The GT500s are tanks. I raced one in my z that has over 900hp at the wheels to my 770 and I killed him from 50-150. Was at least 4-5 cars. He said it runs 9.9s at 138 with DRs. I haven’t run mine at the track.

Mine has full exhaust, tvs2300, intake and tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X