Body and paint recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body and paint recs

Wife love roaches out 944. It will need body and paint love. Budget $5kish. Timeframe this winter. Speed is a non factor. Quality: it's a Porsche. So any recs in a shop or tech with their own equipment? Factory color restore. I can do disassembly and deliver as roller.

No one has any paint and body recs or contacts?

Comment

Get ahold of Whiteboy, I used guy, and I am very happy with the work!

Comment

Uh oh, better get Maaco.

Comment

What color is it. I did a 968 convertible last year. Changed it form the factory blue to Jag Lunar grey. Pulling the doors was the hardest part of the entire project.

Comment

It is ly7u stone grey metallic. I want it repainted same color.

Comment

I know a guy but you couldn't afford him.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                Is he willing to "trade"?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  It's probably best that he avoids a higher quality, more expensive paint job considering it's only a 944.

Comment

I can pretty much afford whatever I need to. Also it's technically a 951 and not just a 944. Since 951 prices are going from affordable to infinity in short order paying for a quality paint job is the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

Hows the body, when do you need it, and what's your budget?

Comment

The body is fair for 30 years old. Front fenders need work in front corners. Front end needs straight and rehung. Hood is not right color originally needs full strip and paint. Car hit something up front and repairs were marginal. A pillars back car is miraculously straight. Doors fit perfect better than any domestic car I've ever seen. Color is ly7u stone grey metallic. My timeframe is wide open. If it takes a year as a side job I'd be okay with that. I have to travel a lot this year and have other things to work on. Budget is 3k to 7k with 5k being what I'm hoping for. I can post detail photos of damage too. Car should be road legal soon if I can get some time home from travel. It needs fuel lines replaced and wiper motor new wipers and has a turn signal switch that needs repair or replacement. I was going to drive it around for quotes then.

I have a lot of interior work to do but will tackle that myself. Quite a few things to address underhood too. Then it'll be a few mods and sticky rubber on new wheels. It's ultimately going to be my autoX track day ho.

Comment

Working...
                        X