Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Looking good!

I'm hoping the storms in the next few days bring some seriously needed rain. The past few days of heat has really kicked my yard into overdrive.
    My rye has finally started to really fade, but I have brown underneath in a lot of places. I started running the sprinklers over the weekend and will hit it with some fertilizer this weekend to try and get the bermuda really going. Rain would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      My rye has finally started to really fade, but I have brown underneath in a lot of places. I started running the sprinklers over the weekend and will hit it with some fertilizer this weekend to try and get the bermuda really going. Rain would be great.
      Yeah, I fucked up just like I always do...waited to long for the rain.

Comment

• Is it normal for fresh sod to have some brown in it after a few days? I did the starter fertilizer.. but it seems as if the top 6 squares from each pallet are struggling more than the rest.. everything else has a little dead grass in each square but nothing major..
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Yeah. It is not uncommon. Especially in the top. Those squares dried out first due to sun exposure on the top of the pallet.

How are you watering?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I'm referencing the bottom right of the front and those few squares along side the wall
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Yeah. It is not uncommon. Especially in the top. Those squares dried out first due to sun exposure on the top of the pallet.

How are you watering?

Until a couple days ago I was watering morning and afternoon every day (first 10 days)

Now I'm watering only every other morning and a quick water every afternoon just to try to keep it moist
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Check the ground where those squares are and see how wet it is. It may be too much water. I laid a few squares a couple weeks ago and only needed to water once daily. It was hand watering bermuda squares, so I'm sure the requirements are a bit different. Average temps haven't been extremely hot so if you have a lot of shade, it may be a case of over watering

Comment

• Comment

• Lookin good gents. Either I cut mine tall, or yall cut short. I've had the best lookin turf cutting on the highest setting on the mower (Honda HRT216).

Comment

• I raised mine up a notch this weekend. I use a snapper ninja. I'm 2 notches from the highest setting. My bare spots are starting to fill in nicely.

There is nothing better than a fresh edge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post

I'm referencing the bottom right of the front and those few squares along side the wall
                        Sorry, I missed this response with the pictures.

how are those areas looking now? The rest of the yard looks healthy enough to not be concerned about those areas. If some runners stress and die, I wouldn't worry with it too much with the way that those look. The green stuff will run in and fill those areas in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Lookin good gents. Either I cut mine tall, or yall cut short. I've had the best lookin turf cutting on the highest setting on the mower (Honda HRT216).
                          Yeah, it's cut short. Don't think my mower is capable of anything more than 2".

Comment

Sorry, I missed this response with the pictures.

how are those areas looking now? The rest of the yard looks healthy enough to not be concerned about those areas. If some runners stress and die, I wouldn't worry with it too much with the way that those look. The green stuff will run in and fill those areas in.
                            It's starting to fill in now.. I'm close to needing to mow.. the only area we're having an issue is where we walk. I'm going to add some stepping stones there to keep the traffic off
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Lookin good gents. Either I cut mine tall, or yall cut short. I've had the best lookin turf cutting on the highest setting on the mower (Honda HRT216).
                              I know you have st Augustine, but I've also had great luck mowing high with Bermuda.. much darker green
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

I raised mine up a notch this weekend. I use a snapper ninja. I'm 2 notches from the highest setting. My bare spots are starting to fill in nicely.

There is nothing better than a fresh edge!

Do you use an edger or string trimmer? I've been able to achieve really good edges with a string trimmer alone.. I started a little lawn service last summer after I left the restaurant and have learned so much. It's hard work but I sleep great at night!
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X