kids fundraiser you don't have to spend any money on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids fundraiser you don't have to spend any money on

My kid has to do a volleyball fundraiser "the covid way" She's got to send out email requests for people to donate. Hit me up with your email addresses so she can send you bull shit give me money emails and not have to run laps.
    Picture to pull at your heart strings...

penispenispenis@penis.com

Comment

Saw that coming.

Comment

Fundraisers are bs. What would the school do if everyone says nope I am not selling crap for you?

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
          Fundraisers are bs. What would the school do if everyone says nope I am not selling crap for you?

CN
          They would cut the program / activity.. That's generally why the fundraisers exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            They would cut the program / activity.. That's generally why the fundraisers exist.
            This

Comment

In some cases, yes. In others, it's all about just having more. FISD does not allow fundraisers. Districts around there do. I have friends at other schools that do the email campaign. I know a few years ago, one sport raised $82K through the campaign. Crazy!

Comment

Raise your property tax! Sorry, they will do that anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  In some cases, yes. In others, it's all about just having more. FISD does not allow fundraisers. Districts around there do. I have friends at other schools that do the email campaign. I know a few years ago, one sport raised $82K through the campaign. Crazy!
                  I remember one in the past that just had a 'check writing campaign'. You just wrote a check for $50 and that was it for the year. I was totally fine with that over harassing my coworkers.

I mean, I'm generally not in favor of the generic elementary school fundraisers where they pressure the kids and then dangle stupid prizes in front of them; But the athletics related one's or usually used for that specific program, and it will directly benefit the kid.

Comment

I remember one in the past that just had a 'check writing campaign'. You just wrote a check for $50 and that was it for the year. I was totally fine with that over harassing my coworkers.

I mean, I'm generally not in favor of the generic elementary school fundraisers where they pressure the kids and then dangle stupid prizes in front of them; But the athletics related one's or usually used for that specific program, and it will directly benefit the kid.
                    Typically I agree with you on athletics. In the case of our district, all donations go to the booster club which is all sports. I refuse to donate to them and have only a portion of the money I donate for my kid and his sport to only get a fraction of it. Non football kids get screwed...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      Typically I agree with you on athletics. In the case of our district, all donations go to the booster club which is all sports. I refuse to donate to them and have only a portion of the money I donate for my kid and his sport to only get a fraction of it. Non football kids get screwed...
                      I can see that..

Comment

They normally have local businesses' sponsor the season here, but don't want to go ask for money when so many are just trying to keep from going under. So this email campaign is the plan. They are trying to get new nets. Just to be clear I wasn't asking for money from anyone, just your spam emails so she could turn in email addresses and be done with it. We got enough already so y'all are good.

Comment

Working...
                        X