No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I payed $89 for it lol. I knew it wasnt worth the $939msrp they told me it was but I figured for $89 tax free, and having seen them in the chain jewelry stores it had to at least be $90 decent.

Comment

• Who collects watches?

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
      lol on buying the invicta watches on your cruise. They were hawking those things hard on the cruise I just went on last month too, but seriously.. when has anyone EVER seen an invicta actually sell for 800-1500 whatever. NEVER. Pretty funny marketing scheme, to claim the watches are worth 5 times what they actually sell for to make people feel like they're getting a deal. I'll stick to my EcoDrive BL5400-52A

. I think my next watch purchase is going to be a Suunto Ambit2.

Bought one and sold it before I even pulled it out of the box. Kinda wish I would have kept it.

Bought and sold quite a few but here is the one I have been sporting quite a bit lately.
      Last edited by Chopped54; 05-28-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Just out sheer curiousity, anybody know anything about this Fossil? It was given to me a few years ago and i've never worn it because its HUGE on my wrist. Ran across it while cleaning the other day and my uncle likes it. I dont know if I should let him buy it from me or just give it to him. Likely either way i'll do the latter but if someone has any insight on it it'd be appreciated.

Comment

• I don't think used Fossils have much value, tell him $20

Comment

• Kind of what I figured, Im pretty sure im just going to give it to him. It was given to me and Ive never even worn it. Somebody might as well get use out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              It seems to be a pretty common tactic with watches, invicta is one of the worse I think I got 80% off on the invicta I've got lol. I was even looking at a Baum & Mercier the other day and they are the same way. Retail was like $4500 and you can pick them up all day for $2200 and this one was onsale for $1750.
              I think it's jewelry period. "Oh it retails at $xxxx but today only....."
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                i think it's jewelry, clothes, furniture, etc. Etc. "oh it retails at $xxxx but today only....."
                ftfy
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  Bought one and sold it before I even pulled it out of the box. Kinda wish I would have kept it.

Bought and sold quite a few but here is the one I have been sporting quite a bit lately.

was there something wrong with it? I havent actually seen one in person, but alot of people have the suunto core offshore and I figured id just get the newest model
                  http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                    was there something wrong with it? I havent actually seen one in person, but alot of people have the suunto core offshore and I figured id just get the newest model
                    Nothing wrong with it at all. I already have the New Balance NX990 and TomTom Runner GPS watches and the Suunto Core, just did not need the Ambit as bad as I thought I did.
                    Actually I do not use either GPS watch anymore at all. I use RunKeeper and my Pebble watch.

Comment

• Damn Robert, this nice. Kind of like the Moto smart watches huh. Is it useful while driving?
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Damn Robert, this nice. Kind of like the Moto smart watches huh. Is it useful while driving?
                        Thanks!
                        There were only a handful of smart watches for iOS, already had the pebble but wanted something a little nicer for work. I like this one because you can answer and place calls from the watch, unlike my Pebble. The Pebble deffinetly has more functions and can download apps for the phone.
                        There is another smart watch called the I'm Watch, just could not find it locally and was like three week shipping time.

Comment

• I was browsing amazon and bought a cheap storage box for my watches. Came into day and I am pretty satisfied with the quality.

Comment

• I bought this sweet thing yesterday, its a Tissot Seastar 1K, had to order it so as soon as it gets here I'll post some better pictures...
                            Attached Files
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                              I was browsing amazon and bought a cheap storage box for my watches. Came into day and I am pretty satisfied with the quality.

Looks nice. Link to the Amazon listing?
                              2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                              1990 GT Convertible

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I bought this sweet thing yesterday, its a Tissot Seastar 1K, had to order it so as soon as it gets here I'll post some better pictures...
                                Very interested in that watch. Rubber bands are perfect for work. Sapphire crystal?
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X