Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$20k for a practical daily. What and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could get TWO fox bodies +5K with that scratch. Boom, four doors and sporty.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

You can get a good deal on a newer Taurus SHO.

I picked up a 2013 at a good price. Super loaded include massage seats, heated seats front and back. Super comfy. Just tuned mine and with AWD the bitch really jumps off the line.

Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
        You can get a good deal on a newer Taurus SHO.

I picked up a 2013 at a good price. Super loaded include massage seats, heated seats front and back. Super comfy. Just tuned mine and with AWD the bitch really jumps off the line.

Just what he needs another money pit to mod. Lol

Seriously though I like this idea ^

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I did all of the maintenance on the 2007 328i and 2008 M3 that I owned, oil comes out of the pan the same as any the other cars I've worked on....
          Interesting points. There was a time when I was gunning for an 09 335i, but I have enough cars to work on. I think I’m looking for something that’s a little more point and shoot for the daily.

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          You could get TWO fox bodies +5K with that scratch. Boom, four doors and sporty.
          I was hoping I’d get this response. Well played sir.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Just what he needs another money pit to mod. Lol

Seriously though I like this idea ^
          Lol, same.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            One of my co-workers got at 18 WRX, it gets good fuel milage and a couple grand in mods makes it a VERY fun car!....I call him a lesbian all the time.
            Man I love the idea of a WRX STI. Thats probably the only car mentioned so far that seems to be fun while meeting the budget and mileage requirements.

With a higher budget the CTS V is definitely a front runner

Comment

Re: Wrx

Every ricer up here has one of those, or the Golf GTI. Looks like fun if you get heavy snow, otherwise I don't see the appeal.
              Last edited by Trip McNeely; 09-30-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I'm just gonna chime in on the Caddy and SHO. Anything breaks on that Caddy and parts are super expensive, worse than some Euro cars.
                The SHO's are nice cars but MPG's are as bad as trucks. I had an 02 Lightning, they get about the same MPG's, like 10 mpg, its because all you want to do is press the pedal because it will leave a shit eating grin on your face every time. And the regular Taurus ain't much better, it's mpgs suck just as bad and no fun factor...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  I'm just gonna chime in on the Caddy and SHO. Anything breaks on that Caddy and parts are super expensive, worse than some Euro cars.
                  The SHO's are nice cars but MPG's are as bad as trucks. I had an 02 Lightning, they get about the same MPG's, like 10 mpg, its because all you want to do is press the pedal because it will leave a shit eating grin on your face every time. And the regular Taurus ain't much better, it's mpgs suck just as bad and no fun factor...
                  Not to do a Trump and interrupt.

I'm getting about 20mpg with occasional spirited driving in the SHO. It is a heavy ass car 4400lbs.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Every ricer up here has one of those, or the Golf GTI. Looks like fun if you get heavy snow, otherwise I don't see the appeal.
                    They're just fun to drive. AWD is where it's at man and the cars are light for a modern 4 door.

Driving a heavy ass RWD American boat car just isn't fun unless your only goal is swing the ass end around and burnouts.

Comment

I'm getting about 20mpg with occasional spirited driving in the SHO. It is a heavy ass car 4400lbs.
                      I just traded my 2016 SHO in on a ATS-V. Pretty happy with it.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Maybe the tune helps with the MPG's, the one I had for a little over a week as a loaner was new and didn't ever get more than 10 mpg's and the standard one I had as a rental and it didn't fare much better. I was filling up both of them every other day, that's how I knew the mpg's sucked.
                        The one we had as a rental, even my wife noticed how bad the mpgs were and we tallied up the ledger on how much the vacation costs us and she was bitching about it.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I don't mind trading some MPG's if it's fun. This Buick gets about that MPG, without the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            How about a turbo Subaru, make the commute interesting. Interesting could mean getting there in a hurry, or on a tow truck.

Is there a newer version of the G37 4 door?
                            I dig the new Q60 coupe a lot. If he looks at the 14/15 before they added the front chrome thingy they are way cheaper. But I dig the chrome on it and the reliability will surely blow the caddy out of the water. Nissan and Infinity are maybe second to Toyota and Lexus in reliability. My wife has been in Nissans 13 years now, not ever in the shop. I drove a low mile 12 G37 Coup last year. That thing will move pretty good and I love Nissans high end seats but the sales guys manager was a fucking idiot and liar, like true lies type of guy. My 12 CTS Coupe looked fantastic, drove great, but the little bugs drove me nuts.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

You could see if a Chevy SS could be had at that price point.

Dont think you will get a good CTS-V for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                                You could see if a Chevy SS could be had at that price point.

Dont think you will get a good CTS-V for that price.
                                SS is going to be near impossible at that price point, they're hovering in the 30-40K range. You can find 09-11 V's real close to 20K

Comment

Working...
                                X