Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay Find: An Insane Deal on an Incredible Vintage Bone Yard in Mojave, California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: An Insane Deal on an Incredible Vintage Bone Yard in Mojave, California

can you spot the 5.0 fender? lol..

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/eBay-F...alifornia.html

We were tipped off to an amazing eBay listing for a vintage auto parts business (and dog kennel) located in Mojave, California. According to the listing, the yard covers about five acres, has been in operation since the 1950s, and includes a house on the property. In short, this person is selling BangShift heaven on Earth. We're really stunned by the price. The whole place is on the block for a measly $60,000 bucks. A motivated owner of the yard could clear that in a couple of months.

Here's the rub, the place needs to be sold in the next 60 days or, in the words of the seller, the seller will probably scrap the whole yard! There's a LOT of good stuff at this place, you can see that in the photos. Truck cabs by the dozen, even a Goliath era "big" GM truck parked next to a totally bitchin old White cab over truck.

The seller is valuing the property based on the scrap value (200 tons of scrap at $300 per ton).

Holy Shit....If only I had the time/money.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

5th pic.. far left... its blue

wish I could buy that place
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        5th pic.. far left... its blue

wish I could buy that place
        haha nice!

Comment

I'd love me some White COE.

Comment

Looks like mostly unsellable junk.

This is a real boneyard... http://www.bigmauto.com/parts.html
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Looks like mostly unsellable junk.

This is a real boneyard... http://www.bigmauto.com/parts.html
              parts/cars seem to be in about the same shape as what you posted.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                parts/cars seem to be in about the same shape as what you posted.

Condition had nothing to do with Dannys post, quality of the desirability of what the yard actually contains did. The original ad is mostly junk with 2 or 3 old cars shown multiple times to make it look like there is actually valuable old stuff there. The cars shown aren't even very sought after. What Danny posted is an educated collectors wet dream. The first ad is some dude in a trailers idea of a collectors dream. Which is why the place can be bought for 60k.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Condition had nothing to do with Dannys post, quality of the desirability of what the yard actually contains did. The original ad is mostly junk with 2 or 3 old cars shown multiple times to make it look like there is actually valuable old stuff there. The cars shown aren't even very sought after. What Danny posted is an educated collectors wet dream. The first ad is some dude in a trailers idea of a collectors dream. Which is why the place can be bought for 60k.
                  I saw lots of parts that lots of people would be interested in. If the bottoms of all those doors are rust free you could make a killing on those. Plus a few odd vehicles here and there.

they are both nice yards, one just has a different selection than the other. It looked like the ebay yard was mainly trucks and car parts, whereas, Danny's was mainly cars still mostly whole.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

I'd daily that red/white F-150 4x4 if it ran.

Comment

Working...
                    X