DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Food

Food Future Poop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,984
Default Food gardens

I've recently taken a liking to gardening.. I have cilantro, jalapeños, cucumbers, strawberries, potatoes, and rosemary growing..
what you got growing?
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,638
Default

Nothing this year, and its pissing me the fuck off. I had to abandon my garden in late May of last year due to a hectic work schedule. This year, I got zero prep done due to the wedding and helping a friend remodel his house.


Had Junior come by the other day to give me some pricing on weeding some flower beds, replacing some plants, and weeding the garden too. But I think it's too late to get started at this point. Plant selection is shit at the handful of places I've been. Way too late to start from seeds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 20,599
Default

The only advice I can give on the subject:

Never, EVER plant mint anywhere other than a pot.

After a while you'll NEVER be able to drink enough mojitos to outpace that fucking delicious weed.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,678
Default

Plant some onions and tomatoes too and make your own salsa.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a Speedo near you
Posts: 5,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
The only advice I can give on the subject:

Never, EVER plant mint anywhere other than a pot.

After a while you'll NEVER be able to drink enough mojitos to outpace that fucking delicious weed.
This is true. Stuff spreads like wild fire. Cilantro also spreads like crazy. I ended up with cilantro in my front yard. My garden is next to our house in the backyard.

We have basil, rosemary, tarragon, oregano, and cilantro.
mstng86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,976
Default

A lot of herbs spread like wild fire and will take over a garden in no time!

I need to get at least a 4x4 planter set up this year so we can get some produce growing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Last edited by black2002ls; 04-18-2017 at 07:48 PM.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #7
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,984
Default

I'm a pretty high strung person and this has definitely helped calm me down and lower some anxiety
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #8
BradM
Bad Santa
 
BradM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,982
Default

Do you use your own natural fertilizer?
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
Silverback
It's all in the reflexes
 
Silverback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: On the Road
Posts: 18,471
Default

I found this place, it's right by my house, and it's full of fresh vegetables, so I go there, instead of fucking up my yard.

It's called Kroger
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #10
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
I found this place, it's right by my house, and it's full of fresh vegetables, so I go there, instead of fucking up my yard.

It's called Kroger
Homegrown is so much better tasting though. Tomatoes for instance, have a fuck ton more flavor. Okra, when you can find it, is always browning by the time it gets to the store. I can't go buy green tomatoes without going to a farmer's market, and even then, it's a crap shoot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ®
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
I found this place, it's right by my house, and it's full of fresh vegetables, so I go there, instead of fucking up my yard.

It's called Kroger
lmao!

The wife wanted a garden too, I told her, you don't have enough time in the day to take care of a garden, take your ass to Krogers and stock up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #12
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,976
Default

Is anyone planting in a raised bed? I think I'm going to set up a 4'x4' to get some things going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #13
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
Is anyone planting in a raised bed? I think I'm going to set up a 4'x4' to get some things going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yes. I use an 8x12 raised bed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #14
Jose
Lifer
 
Jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 48,154
Default

I was reading somewhere recently that either Whole Foods or Central Markets will start growing some vegetables on site at some of it's stores. Thought that was a pretty cool idea. Fresher and less of a carbon footprint from farm to market. I'll have to look up the article.

With all the land I'm on I have never tried gardening. I wouldn't mind trying this myself with a couple of things like jalapenos and something else. I do have a peach tree in the front that has been pretty good the past few years and I gave away most of with it produces to friends and family.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #15
Craizie
Cracka
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I was reading somewhere recently that either Whole Foods or Central Markets will start growing some vegetables on site at some of it's stores. Thought that was a pretty cool idea. Fresher and less of a carbon footprint from farm to market. I'll have to look up the article.

With all the land I'm on I have never tried gardening. I wouldn't mind trying this myself with a couple of things like jalapenos and something else. I do have a peach tree in the front that has been pretty good the past few years and I gave away most of with it produces to friends and family.
Make peach preserves and give that shit out as presents.

Shit's delicious.
Craizie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #16
Jose
Lifer
 
Jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 48,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
Make peach preserves and give that shit out as presents.

Shit's delicious.
Fuck, never thought about that. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #17
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,638
Default

I'll take any peaches off your hands that you don't want, Jose!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #18
naynay
Jigga Who?
 
naynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: OCT
Posts: 5,635
Default

only white people eat okra
__________________
THE BAD HOMBRE

naynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
BradM
Bad Santa
 
BradM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynay View Post
only white people eat okra
You're missing out.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #20
Craizie
Cracka
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynay View Post
only white people eat okra
Bullshit, fried okra w/ fried chicken is what your "normal" black person likes. Not the fake booshie people like you.
Craizie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nays only know cotton

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.